Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34373839404142434445 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Re: Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    I'm calling it now, Strong will be Florida's HC in 2-3 years.
    You might be right................we're making note of who said it................
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dirtroadlizard View Post
    ROFL!!! Perfect!!!

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Perrett4Bama View Post
    Fl is good....they just thought they were TO good......they only sold seven thousand of their seventeen thousand ticket allotment. Even the fans were not serious about it.....I liked Louisville's enthusiasm. They are well coached.....

pathetic showing for the gator fanbase. bandwagon at its very best, they should be embarass!! the UL fans were loud and proud. they deserved the win. even CCS recognized their strong support at the game.

BamaNation All-American Tide in Athens's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Wife after the pick-6: "Oh crap..."
    We both gave up watching before halftime.
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
    -Linus van Pelt.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else notice that the clock administrator was running the clock when it shouldn't have been? I'm watching the replay now and numerous times the clock continued to run when the player went out of bounds. Also, on an incomplete passes. The most obvious times were at the end of the first half and end of the game. College hasn't gone to clock stopping only inside 2:00 of each half yet have they? Who knows if that would have changed the outcome, but it just makes you wonder if something fishy was going on.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the clock administrator was running the clock when it shouldn't have been? I'm watching the replay now and numerous times the clock continued to run when the player went out of bounds. Also, on an incomplete passes. The most obvious times were at the end of the first half and end of the game. College hasn't gone to clock stopping only inside 2:00 of each half yet have they? Who knows if that would have changed the outcome, but it just makes you wonder if something fishy was going on.
    Yes - happened several times late in the game. Not that it would have changed the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Hey everyone....sorry I missed the game thread last night - I was at a friend's house watching the debacle.

What a game, huh?

We stunk it up pretty good.

No excuses - we were out performed in both coaching and execution.

The only 'plus' was seeing Coach Strong get a very well-deserved win.

Our team has a long long way to go, obviously.

Sorry to let you down last night.

This isn't how an 11-2 season should end. Very embarrassing.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    Rule change A few years back. Clock should have kept running. What bothered me was they kept stopping it for a bit, and then they'd start it again, even when there wasn't a first down ( which still stops the clock in college while they move the chains). It was as if the clock operator had to remind himself over and over again "Oh crap, I wasn't supposed to stop it."
    Actually, I just double checked the new rule. The clock starts on the referees signal. So the clock operator was doing the right thing. I'm still puzzled over the delays though. Why didn't the ref keep the clock running?

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=841104
    Last edited by ND Philosopher; January 3rd, 2013 at 09:18 AM.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ND Philosopher View Post
    Rule change A few years back. Clock should have kept running. What bothered me was they kept stopping it for a bit, and then they'd start it again, even when there wasn't a first down ( which still stops the clock in college while they move the chains). It was as if the clock operator had to remind himself over and over again "Oh crap, I wasn't supposed to stop it."
    Actually, I just double checked the new rule. The clock starts on the referees signal. So the clock operator was doing the right thing. I'm still puzzled over the delays though. Why didn't the ref keep the clock running?

This and the now famous pre-Clowney UM first down - I think it is pretty obvious that other officiating crews are doing their best to job the SEC during the bowl season. I wouldnt be surprised if their own conferences were telling them to call it tight. But that 4th down measurement in the UM-SC game was about the most crooked display of officiating that I have ever seen.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonBeachBum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perrett4Bama View Post
    Fl is good....they just thought they were TO good......they only sold seven thousand of their seventeen thousand ticket allotment. Even the fans were not serious about it.....I liked Louisville's enthusiasm. They are well coached.....
    Classic case of a team and fan base (UF) thinking that this bowl and the opponent were beneath them and not worthy of their presence. Obviously, UL had a different attitude and approach to the situation.
    "You got any biscuits fer sale in-nare?" "Reckin what you like to eat in-nare?"

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Roll Tide
    S.N.A.S.S.
    -Richard Heaton-

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ND Philosopher View Post

Thanks. For some reason I thought the rule was just in NFL. Clock only starts on snap within 2:00 of each half it player goes out of bounds and incomplete passes. I think they should broaden that to maybe 3 or 4 minutes of each half. Teams that are in hurry up and need to score twice are at a huge disadvantage.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBeachBum View Post
    Classic case of a team and fan base (UF) thinking that this bowl and the opponent were beneath them and not worthy of their presence. Obviously, UL had a different attitude and approach to the situation.
    I know we fell into that trap in 2008. It sucks.