Game Thread: Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Louisville

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Fl is good....they just thought they were TO good......they only sold seven thousand of their seventeen thousand ticket allotment. Even the fans were not serious about it.....I liked Louisville's enthusiasm. They are well coached.....:)

pathetic showing for the gator fanbase. bandwagon at its very best, they should be embarass!! the UL fans were loud and proud. they deserved the win. even CCS recognized their strong support at the game. :)

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Did anyone else notice that the clock administrator was running the clock when it shouldn't have been? I'm watching the replay now and numerous times the clock continued to run when the player went out of bounds. Also, on an incomplete passes. The most obvious times were at the end of the first half and end of the game. College hasn't gone to clock stopping only inside 2:00 of each half yet have they? Who knows if that would have changed the outcome, but it just makes you wonder if something fishy was going on.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Did anyone else notice that the clock administrator was running the clock when it shouldn't have been? I'm watching the replay now and numerous times the clock continued to run when the player went out of bounds. Also, on an incomplete passes. The most obvious times were at the end of the first half and end of the game. College hasn't gone to clock stopping only inside 2:00 of each half yet have they? Who knows if that would have changed the outcome, but it just makes you wonder if something fishy was going on.
Yes - happened several times late in the game. Not that it would have changed the outcome.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hey everyone....sorry I missed the game thread last night - I was at a friend's house watching the debacle.

What a game, huh?

We stunk it up pretty good.

No excuses - we were out performed in both coaching and execution.

The only 'plus' was seeing Coach Strong get a very well-deserved win.

Our team has a long long way to go, obviously.

Sorry to let you down last night.

This isn't how an 11-2 season should end. Very embarrassing. :(

ND Philosopher

Dec 27, 2012
Rule change A few years back. Clock should have kept running. What bothered me was they kept stopping it for a bit, and then they'd start it again, even when there wasn't a first down ( which still stops the clock in college while they move the chains). It was as if the clock operator had to remind himself over and over again "Oh crap, I wasn't supposed to stop it."
Actually, I just double checked the new rule. The clock starts on the referees signal. So the clock operator was doing the right thing. I'm still puzzled over the delays though. Why didn't the ref keep the clock running?

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=841104

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Rule change A few years back. Clock should have kept running. What bothered me was they kept stopping it for a bit, and then they'd start it again, even when there wasn't a first down ( which still stops the clock in college while they move the chains). It was as if the clock operator had to remind himself over and over again "Oh crap, I wasn't supposed to stop it."
Actually, I just double checked the new rule. The clock starts on the referees signal. So the clock operator was doing the right thing. I'm still puzzled over the delays though. Why didn't the ref keep the clock running?

This and the now famous pre-Clowney UM first down - I think it is pretty obvious that other officiating crews are doing their best to job the SEC during the bowl season. I wouldnt be surprised if their own conferences were telling them to call it tight. But that 4th down measurement in the UM-SC game was about the most crooked display of officiating that I have ever seen.

CrimsonBeachBum

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Pace, FL (Pensacola metro area)
Fl is good....they just thought they were TO good......they only sold seven thousand of their seventeen thousand ticket allotment. Even the fans were not serious about it.....I liked Louisville's enthusiasm. They are well coached.....:)
Classic case of a team and fan base (UF) thinking that this bowl and the opponent were beneath them and not worthy of their presence. Obviously, UL had a different attitude and approach to the situation.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Thanks. For some reason I thought the rule was just in NFL. Clock only starts on snap within 2:00 of each half it player goes out of bounds and incomplete passes. I think they should broaden that to maybe 3 or 4 minutes of each half. Teams that are in hurry up and need to score twice are at a huge disadvantage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.