Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 31
  1. #1

    SEC this bowl season

    I must admit I'm alarmed at the relative success non SEC teams have had vs SEC teams this bowl season. Don't get me wrong I believe that Alabama is rightfully ranked as 1b, but I must say this bowl season has been a surprise even to me. Is it possible that the pundits that have predicted an Alabama blowout win will adjust to an Alabama close win? Does this give confident Bana fans that are certain of a blowout a little more to think about? All we've heard about from SEC fans is how unbeatable their conferences top teams are. To a point where rivals on mist days will root each others teams on for the sake of the conference. I'll admit,I find it weird to root for a conference and for rivals but such is the SEC.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    Yeah, I'm really just....ugh. I'm not happy with the way the SEC has been playing in bowls this year. There's pride in the conference because for years we've played well out of conference, and particularly in bowls. The BCS titles has just been the icing. Coach Saban has preached something to the team that I think true Alabama fans believe.....respect your opponents, no matter what their record, what their rank. The moment you don't respect the team is the moment you underestimate them. While fans want a win, I'm sure the team is practicing their hearts out to get ready for the game, and honestly not thinking of "team SEC," trying to build a dynasty, or that they won the title last year.

    Like saban said to all his players a week after the championship, "I think it's really, really important that the players understand, I mean I had a meeting team two days after the national championship game with next year's team and I said, 'You guys are not the national champs. You haven't done anything. Some of you played on the national championship team last year, but that team is gone. You need to understand that you're going to be the target for every team we play."

    http://coachingsearch.com/home/769-nick-saban-i-hate-to-say-this-so-bluntly-aight-its-self-absorbed-people.html
    Last edited by tattooguy21; January 2nd, 2013 at 10:19 PM.

  4. #3
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Near the Barn
    Posts
    588
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    WHAT?

  5. #4
    Thread Starter

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    Quote Originally Posted by tattooguy21 View Post
    Yeah, I'm really just....ugh. I'm not happy with the way the SEC has been playing in bowls this year. There's pride in the conference because for years we've played well out of conference, and particularly in bowls. The BCS titles has just been the icing. Coach Saban has preached something to the team that I think true Alabama fans believe.....respect your opponents, no matter what their record, what their rank. The moment you don't respect the team is the moment you underestimate them. While fans want a win, I'm sure the team is practicing their hearts out to get ready for the game, and honestly not thinking of "team SEC," trying to build a dynasty, or that they won the title last year.

    Like saban said to all his players a week after the championship, "I think it's really, really important that the players understand, I mean I had a meeting team two days after the national championship game with next year's team and I said, 'You guys are not the national champs. You haven't done anything. Some of you played on the national championship team last year, but that team is gone. You need to understand that you're going to be the target for every team we play."

    http://coachingsearch.com/home/769-nick-saban-i-hate-to-say-this-so-bluntly-aight-its-self-absorbed-people.html
    Coach is the coach he is because he gets that, but you're dealing with 18-21 year olds, and if the fan sentiment is any indication of the lack of respect for ND, an Alabama that is rightfully favored in my opinion, could play uninspired and as if they are not prepared to be hit back in the mouth after they hit. Could be trouble. I must say the Alabama fan base sure believes the SEC destroys all in its way, and that Bama is indestructible. I find it ironic when I read cries of "arrogant dormers".

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Auburn/near a cow pasture
    Posts
    2,869
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    me personally i could care less if the other SEC teams lose. I'm a Bama fan. ******** Florida

  7. #6
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    2,925
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    SEC certainly hasn't lived up to expectations so far this bowl season. LSU & MSU wet the bed. USC pulled out a last-minute win. Vandy & UGA took care of business. And Florida's performance so far this evening has been embarrassing.

    Hopefully Bama, aTm, and Ole Miss can hold serve.

  8. #7

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    me personally i could care less if the other SEC teams lose. I'm a Bama fan. ******** Florida
    Me too...I am a Bama fan. If the rest of the SEC does good...well good, but if they don't ...well too bad for them.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

    2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

  9. #8
    BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    S.A., TX, USA
    Posts
    4,314
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

    SEC this bowl season

    Poor showing by the SEC so far.
    RTR!

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    8,983

    SEC this bowl season

    It is also a one game season for these teams and they've had weeks to prepare. The SEC is unique because of the level of competition from top to bottom week in and week out. No one has said these teams don't have talent. Charlie Strong is bringing an SEC mindset to his Conf. How's he been doing? Motivation does matter and these guys brought it for Louisville. I think some times folks put more meaning into these matchups than they should.

  11. #10
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brewton
    Posts
    5,061
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    If it leads to fewer fans chanting SEC, SEC, SEC....Then it suits me that the bowl games come out 50-50 or so.
    Lee

    "A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

  12. #11

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    I thought the SEC would do well, but not because the teams are from the "big, bad SEC". Rather, I thought they'd do well because I felt like the matchups that SEC teams had in bowls were/are favorable. I thought LSU would handle Clemson and Florida would handle Louisville. Really I had no idea whatsoever about the MSU - Northwestern game. I'm not an SEC rah-rah guy. Like someone else said, if they win then fine... go SEC. If not, then better for our recruiting anyway.

    I will say that Florida is embarrassing themselves with all the penalties and general thuggery.

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hoover, AL
    Posts
    5,754

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dome View Post
    I must admit I'm alarmed at the relative success non SEC teams have had vs SEC teams this bowl season. Don't get me wrong I believe that Alabama is rightfully ranked as 1b, but I must say this bowl season has been a surprise even to me. Is it possible that the pundits that have predicted an Alabama blowout win will adjust to an Alabama close win? Does this give confident Bana fans that are certain of a blowout a little more to think about? All we've heard about from SEC fans is how unbeatable their conferences top teams are. To a point where rivals on mist days will root each others teams on for the sake of the conference. I'll admit,I find it weird to root for a conference and for rivals but such is the SEC.
    May I suggest you take your incredible wit and insight where it might be better appreciated?

    If only you were half as clever as imagined.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

  14. #13
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    8,273
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Re: SEC this bowl season

    Trolls
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!