Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Trolls
    Weeding them out one by one.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: SEC this bowl season

Glad Notre Dame takes so much pride in Louisville's victory. Well help to sooth their broken hearts next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    May I suggest you take your incredible wit and insight where it might be better appreciated?

If only you were half as clever as imagined.
    He's gone and he won't be back...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    He lasted longer than expected.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    He lasted longer than expected.
    I was in the game thread and didn't really see him until he jumped in there, trying to start arguments...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

We noticed, and we thank you!
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Thank you........my skin was starting to crawl......
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

Quote Originally Posted by Perrett4Bama View Post
    Thank you........my skin was starting to crawl......
    Some just don't understand. We try to accommodate rival fans wanting a serious discussion. However we don't even allow extended sparring between our own member. And, in the end, this site exists solely for Bama fans...

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I thought LSU would win but it is fitting they lost a game by bad game management considering Les Miles has made a career off doing absurd things that somehow work. I thought Florida would win but you can't give any team a TD immediately at the start of each half and hope to win. That errant throw on their first offensive play and the botched onside kick to start the 3rd quarter - mitigated by a player coming undone - absolutely did Florida in tonight. They weren't stopping UL or moving the ball consistently but they put themselves behind the 8-ball with their own mistakes: the pick 6, the INT in the endzone, the penalty implosion near the goal line, three bad onside kicks. They made enough mistakes to lose to any team in the top 25 tonight.

The funny thing is that these things were kinda exposed in SEC play. Chavis has been a great coordinator but his defense have a notoriously bad reputation for handling 2-minute situations. Vols - and now some Cajuns too - cry "3rd and Chavis" for a reason. Alabama absolutely dissected them with comeback routes and Clemson got in the position to win with several themselves. Florida imploded offensively when they played teams they felt could move the ball on them like against UGA. They got out of their identity and made mistakes all over the field that day in Jacksonville. The same thing happened against Louisville tonight.

MSU was just bad and their record was inflated by the lucky bounce of the schedule. I thought Ole Miss was better than them after playing MSU in late October. Ole Miss just had the misfortune of drawing Vandy and Georgia along with playing Texas out of conference instead of playing weak East teams and nobody OOC. I had Northwestern picked pretty high in my pick'em and wasn't surprised by the outcome. The biggest joke was Jonathan Banks winning the Thorpe when he may be the 3rd or 4th best corner in the conference.
    Last edited by rgw; January 3rd, 2013 at 01:30 AM.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    Me too...I am a Bama fan. If the rest of the SEC does good...well good, but if they don't ...well too bad for them.
    Count me in!!!

When we were hit by that bus a few years back...wasn't the SEC driving? This elephant won't forget. A few years ago, amid our troubles, I don't recall many gators, vols, or tigers shedding tears for the SEC.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

I thought about writing something earlier in the year when we saw a few SEC teams struggle against what should have been inferior competition.

I believe the signing limit is already having an impact. That's not the only issue, but it is an issue. Remember, the SEC put the 28 signing limit in place before the NCAA did, and then dropped it down to 25, making them the only conference to effectively lower the scholarship limits. If you want an example, Alabama has EE spots this year in part because they weren't able to fill them up last year (due to the signing limit). This means if a guy doesn't make the grades, plays baseball, or what ever, you lost a roster spot.

This obviously doesn't change everything, but 85 scholarships, when you consider freshmen, injuries, redshirts, and all of that really isn't as much as it might seem. You lower that number, and add to it the difficulty of an SEC schedule and I think a team can be feeling the loss of a couple of players. The signing limit makes it harder to create depth, football has a high attrition rate, and I said it when it happened. I feel like the SEC was undermining their dominance. It's also taken away a lot of the SEC's ability to pick first, forcing them to back off on recruiting players who might have grade issues or the like.

The SEC is good, but they're not good enough to say we can have less scholarships than everyone else and still win. That doesn't generally work well for a team on probation does it?

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

SEC this bowl season

It's funny that everyone is saying how weak the SEC is all of a sudden.
    ROLL TIDE!

Players come to the SEC to play SEC schools, for SEC titles and NC's. Not the Outback Bowl. After a heavy SEC grinding schedule, it's tough to get up for these bowls while the other teams take it very seriously and give their best shot. It is a little embarrassing though. LSU lost the same way they always do, the Hatter's poor clock mgmt. Miss State is still Miss State. Florida? No excuse there, the way the defense played all year. Pathetic.