Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Worried (hope the team is prepared)

I hope the Florida loss will get the team's attention. ND has great motivation

to beat the SEC's power hype. Florida was flat and the Cardinals super pumped.

We are 1-5 against the Irish so we must not be overconfident.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Worried

Makes no difference. I'm sure Oklahoma thought they were going to smash Florida after seeing Alabama wet the bed in the Sugar Bowl a few years back. Conferences don't win games, teams win games...and teams win games by matchups and performance.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

You say "we" like we're actually playing in the game. We're just fans. I'm pretty sure Saban reminds them daily they can be beat. Honestly, if it takes Florida losing to get the Bama players attention then we have worse problems than we know of.

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Worried

RGW is right. Besides, LSU and UF just didn't care, and Les Miles cost LSU big time. Yes, MSU got waxed but it will not affect our performance. I seriously doubt coach lets them watch the games anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

SEC can't lose them all.

BamaNation First Team BornABamaFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

We have been the hunted for 13 straight games. Our team has had a target on it's back ALL year. LSU & Fla (as well as UGA&SC) found out that being the hunted against a team that has nothing to lose ISN'T so easy. Every team that has faced Bama has had an INSTANT "bowl game" and brought their best against us(well don't know if Auburn counts-but I think that was their best). This will be Bama's 14th "Bowl Game" of the year against an UNDEFEATED #1 ranked team. If they are nothing but FOCUSED--I'll be shocked!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrolltide View Post
    You say "we" like we're actually playing in the game. We're just fans. I'm pretty sure Saban reminds them daily they can be beat. Honestly, if it takes Florida losing to get the Bama players attention then we have worse problems than we know of.
    To be fair, most everyone here uses the term "we" when discussing Bama football.

To the OP's point - I'm not worried about this team's motivation. I haven't seen complacency at any time this year. Suddenly we are gonna be flat for the national championship? With a chance to be THE team that seals history and secure a dynasty?

Nah, no way...
    ---------------------------------------

This aggression will not stand, man.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

It will make just as much difference in the BCSCG as Florida's loss to Georgia or MS State's loss to LSU did. None.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

pretty sure our guys are motivated well enough.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

Post Thanks / Like

There will probably be a dip in the line tomorrow, as the nervous bettors start hedging...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've heard Alabama is staying at Fountainebleu, one of the nicest hotels/clubs in Miami. I'd be more worried about that rumor of lodging assignment by the bowl committee than what LSU, MSU, and Florida have done lately.

FYI, I'm not too terribly worried because I'm sure Saban is going to keep them locked away from all the rappers and musicians hanging around there this weekend.

BamaNation Second Team WalkaboutSean's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the fans were in charge, I'd be worried. Thankfully, Coach Saban is running the show.

It's a little ridiculous to disrespect an opponent like undefeated #1 Notre Dame, which has only surrendered 10 TDs all year on defense. They are good and they are hungry. Brian Kelly is an excellent coach and he will have ND ready.

Coach Saban repeatedly says that "fans are part of the team." As part of the team (per our leader :-)), I'll do as he does and respect Notre Dame. I'm not “worried,” but expect an epic battle in Miami.
    Last edited by WalkaboutSean; January 3rd, 2013 at 01:45 AM.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worried, but sure am concerned about our lack of success in third down areas. I don't share the optimism that most of you have that we will win handily given that the team's focus is not lost. I think this will be a hard fought game and there will be more nail biting moments like we had against LSU, TAM and Georgia.