Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Worried

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    None of the guys on the team were even alive the last time we played Notre Dame, so why do you think this stat is relevant?
    It's not. I always get a kick out of people quoting a loss is the 1920s to a school as a possible "factor" in a game nearly a century later.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Worried

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." -
    Michael Jordan

"There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

Re: Worried

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    None of the guys on the team were even alive the last time we played Notre Dame, so why do you think this stat is relevant?
    It's not relevant at all. We'd not beaten Texas, if I remember, nor Missouri. I've said all along that I believed that this game could be a close, hard-fought game. If it's a blowout, then I believe ND would be on the receiving end, but I don't look for it. Of the SEC teams I thought might struggle, LSU and UF were two. UF's offense struggled badly at time, despite their obvious talent, and LSU has, well, a "head" of clay. TBF, I'm beginning to wonder if UF has a similar problem. Not only was FL not prepared, there were some spectacular bad decisions made last night by the UF staff. It's a good thing both of those HCs can really, really recruit. Also, because of the BSC system - and the playoffs will just exacerbate it - playing in a bowl now has for the kids the feeling of having just missed the playoffs, and these are young, emotional guys. It used to be that, if a team had a really good bowl win - and the right guys above lost - it had a chance of climbing high in the ranking, maybe as far as #1. That'll never happen again and one of the effects will be bowl results all over the map. So, bottom line, I'm concerned about the game because I think that ND is a fundamentally sound, well-coached team, with several outstanding players and motivated. I'm not concerned about the game any more or less because of LSU or UF's screwups, or how the overall strength of the SEC is perceived...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Amen

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

You know, every time we play I fear that we'll lose. I mean, we lost to Georgia Pre-Flight the only time we played them. If you can't beat those guys how can you beat the great Notre Dame?

Btw Earle - although we had a losing record against Mizzou, we did beat them once before in 1978. We are now 2-2 and have the edge. We had, however, never beaten Texas.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation Hall of Fame

As others have said, the conference doesn't dictate how we'll do Monday night. I think CNS will have our players focused and ready. We have some good leadership and I think (just guessing; wish I had inside info) they've prepared well leading up to the game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

I guess we should worry since the SEC Champion was shut-out in the BCS title game last year too.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I've heard Alabama is staying at Fountainebleu, one of the nicest hotels/clubs in Miami. I'd be more worried about that rumor of lodging assignment by the bowl committee than what LSU, MSU, and Florida have done lately.

FYI, I'm not too terribly worried because I'm sure Saban is going to keep them locked away from all the rappers and musicians hanging around there this weekend.
    When I heard this on ESPN last night, I was a bit surprised. Who thought it would be a good idea to put over 80 college boys in a hotel with a world famous night club?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    There will probably be a dip in the line tomorrow, as the nervous bettors start hedging...
    You can bet on it (pun intended!)
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Worried (hope the team is prepared)

We'll win
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American

watching florida last night reminded me of us against utah a few years back.

i have few concerns we come out flat against ND. the chance to win 3/4 is a great motivator. also, i don't see our players getting overwhelmed by the moment. if we lose, we'll lose because we get beat, not because our heads aren't in the game or that we underestimate our opponent.

Re: Worried (hope the team is prepared)

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    We'll win
    hey, didn't you make the same guarantee for florida last night? now im worried
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Worried (hope the team is prepared)

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    hey, didn't you make the same guarantee for florida last night? now im worried
    We're not Florida

:-)
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein