Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Re: Worried

Maybe reading Cecil's column today will put your mind at ease.

SEC's Woes Mean Nothing to Alabama

Alabama and Notre Dame landed at separate South Florida airports Wednesday. According to reports, there was no woofing, no posturing, no intimidation, just the get-down-to-business demeanor of two teams ready to settle things on the football field.

But in the rest of America, where I remain until Friday, the rhetoric is flying thick and fast, almost as thick and fast as Jadeveon Clowney himself. And it gets thicker and faster with each passing bowl game. Some of it is just healthy speculation - every conceivable angle for predicting the Alabama-Notre Dame outcome has been explored. Analyzing bowl results for insight probably isn't any more effective than reading Tarot cards, it probably isn't any worse than some methods. For instance, Flipper the Sea World dolphin picked the Notre Dame ball with his nose, predicting an Irish win and proving that while dolphins can communicate, they have not yet heard of Harvey Updyke. And, really, did anyone expect a dolphin to pick Nick Saban?
    Lucky #13

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: Worried (hope the team is prepared)

It's in my DNA to worry --

Yet -- our "worst" game of the year -- vs our toughest opponent (A&M) -- even though we stunk it up for the first 20 minutes of the game -- we were this " " close to winning -- vs the "best" player in College Football....

I'm not really that worried. And, the only reason most are worried is the SIX WEEKS we've been waiting to play ......

We should be just fine.

In Mack I trust
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Yep. I'm worried. I'm worried because I keep hearing about the hotel our guys are staying, and the fact that Kelly is in his third year which all other ND coaches won a championship in their third year. The stars are aligning for ND.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Look, the only thing to take from last nights beatdown is that florida was waaaay overrated, just as they have been all year. I can't tell you the amount of times I watched that team stink it up this year. How they ended the regular season with only one loss is the bigger question. They very nearly lost their homecoming game to Lousiana Lafayette.

If anything, one could draw a parallel to the Notre Dame schedule and bolster the case for an Alabama victory even more. In fact, I'm way more confident about us after watching UL destroy them. They are who I thought they were. /Denny G
    RIP Hub

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Worried (hope the team is prepared)

I'm not worried, just anxious to see how it all plays out on the field. I don't worry about hotels or curfews or distractions because this staff has done a remarkable job training the team to focus on the job at hand. Most of the team has been in this environment before, some of them more than once, so I don't expect them to suddenly start behaving out of character.

Still, I can hardly wait for the game. Watching this unfold should be quite the spectacle.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Look, the only thing to take from last nights beatdown is that florida was waaaay overrated, just as they have been all year. I can't tell you the amount of times I watched that team stink it up this year. How they ended the regular season with only one loss is the bigger question. They very nearly lost their homecoming game to Lousiana Lafayette.

If anything, one could draw a parallel to the Notre Dame schedule and bolster the case for an Alabama victory even more. In fact, I'm way more confident about us after watching UL destroy them. They are who I thought they were. /Denny G
    So what you're saying is a team that relied on his run game and defense to win games needs a QB to make plays in order to win? Sounds very familiar...
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

After seeing LSU FLA and even the way the other top SEC teams play, yes I am worried. I tell myself it's only a game.

Honestly the BCS championship is the only game where both teams have something to play for. After watching the post game with Dabo and him saying they were playing to make up for last year and 11 wins, I wondered what LSU was playing for? The Chik-fil-a bowl trophy? I mean obviously some teams are more motivated than others and pretty much every play maker on LSU's defense wasn't in the game at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by tide power fan View Post
    After seeing LSU FLA and even the way the other top SEC teams play, yes I am worried. I tell myself it's only a game.
    those things have zero effect on the outcome of our game.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    So what you're saying is a team that relied on his run game and defense to win games needs a QB to make plays in order to win? Sounds very familiar...
    Kinda, but not really.

No, what I'm saying is Florida's ranking, IMO, was smoke and mirrors. They struggled mightily against inferior talent quite often this year. I've also seen ND struggle mightily this year against what most would consider inferior talent. Thusly, by transitive properties, which BTW I love to admonish others for, I draw a parallel. I think ND is overrated. And I think we smash them. Because I believe they are who I think they are. Verily. Amen.
    RIP Hub

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    You know, every time we play I fear that we'll lose. I mean, we lost to Georgia Pre-Flight the only time we played them. If you can't beat those guys how can you beat the great Notre Dame?

Btw Earle - although we had a losing record against Mizzou, we did beat them once before in 1978. We are now 2-2 and have the edge. We had, however, never beaten Texas.
    Yeah, I remember now. We just had a losing record until this year...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It's not relevant at all. We'd not beaten Texas, if I remember, nor Missouri. I've said all along that I believed that this game could be a close, hard-fought game. If it's a blowout, then I believe ND would be on the receiving end, but I don't look for it. Of the SEC teams I thought might struggle, LSU and UF were two. UF's offense struggled badly at time, despite their obvious talent, and LSU has, well, a "head" of clay. TBF, I'm beginning to wonder if UF has a similar problem. Not only was FL not prepared, there were some spectacular bad decisions made last night by the UF staff. It's a good thing both of those HCs can really, really recruit. Also, because of the BSC system - and the playoffs will just exacerbate it - playing in a bowl now has for the kids the feeling of having just missed the playoffs, and these are young, emotional guys. It used to be that, if a team had a really good bowl win - and the right guys above lost - it had a chance of climbing high in the ranking, maybe as far as #1. That'll never happen again and one of the effects will be bowl results all over the map. So, bottom line, I'm concerned about the game because I think that ND is a fundamentally sound, well-coached team, with several outstanding players and motivated. I'm not concerned about the game any more or less because of LSU or UF's screwups, or how the overall strength of the SEC is perceived...
    I concur I'm not worried about what happened to Florida more concerned about how fundamentally sound ND is!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.
    I support PAWS.

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    Dude, you're just too close to Ireland! Bama will roll!
    Hilarious!!