Worried (hope the team is prepared)

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Worried

I know....I'm afraid the guys just don't want to be there...there's just nothing on the line, nothing to gain, no reason for us to be playing notre dumb in the Orange Bowl. I'm trying to think of ONE good thing that come from this, and I've got nothing....

;) Come on, man....seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried

Im with you no SEC fan here at all.

Just be cool Bama has done this before.

BTW did you see how the Cards fans outnumbered the Gators?

No way Bama fams give up the house like that.
Yeah, the Gators showed up just like their fans. So what did you expect. I did expect UF to win, but they came out flatter than any team this bowl season. And you are dead on, no way we give up a house. If someone needs proof, look at Dallas OR State College.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: Worried

uf was lucky all year to be quiet honest. they played down to their opponents and nearly lose. Driskel yet again got exposed.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

I hope the Florida loss will get the team's attention. ND has great motivation

to beat the SEC's power hype. Florida was flat and the Cardinals super pumped.

We are 1-5 against the Irish so we must not be overconfident.
None of the guys on the team were even alive the last time we played Notre Dame, so why do you think this stat is relevant?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

None of the guys on the team were even alive the last time we played Notre Dame, so why do you think this stat is relevant?
It's not relevant at all. We'd not beaten Texas, if I remember, nor Missouri. I've said all along that I believed that this game could be a close, hard-fought game. If it's a blowout, then I believe ND would be on the receiving end, but I don't look for it. Of the SEC teams I thought might struggle, LSU and UF were two. UF's offense struggled badly at time, despite their obvious talent, and LSU has, well, a "head" of clay. TBF, I'm beginning to wonder if UF has a similar problem. Not only was FL not prepared, there were some spectacular bad decisions made last night by the UF staff. It's a good thing both of those HCs can really, really recruit. Also, because of the BSC system - and the playoffs will just exacerbate it - playing in a bowl now has for the kids the feeling of having just missed the playoffs, and these are young, emotional guys. It used to be that, if a team had a really good bowl win - and the right guys above lost - it had a chance of climbing high in the ranking, maybe as far as #1. That'll never happen again and one of the effects will be bowl results all over the map. So, bottom line, I'm concerned about the game because I think that ND is a fundamentally sound, well-coached team, with several outstanding players and motivated. I'm not concerned about the game any more or less because of LSU or UF's screwups, or how the overall strength of the SEC is perceived...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

You know, every time we play I fear that we'll lose. I mean, we lost to Georgia Pre-Flight the only time we played them. If you can't beat those guys how can you beat the great Notre Dame?

Btw Earle - although we had a losing record against Mizzou, we did beat them once before in 1978. We are now 2-2 and have the edge. We had, however, never beaten Texas.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

As others have said, the conference doesn't dictate how we'll do Monday night. I think CNS will have our players focused and ready. We have some good leadership and I think (just guessing; wish I had inside info) they've prepared well leading up to the game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I've heard Alabama is staying at Fountainebleu, one of the nicest hotels/clubs in Miami. I'd be more worried about that rumor of lodging assignment by the bowl committee than what LSU, MSU, and Florida have done lately.

FYI, I'm not too terribly worried because I'm sure Saban is going to keep them locked away from all the rappers and musicians hanging around there this weekend.
When I heard this on ESPN last night, I was a bit surprised. Who thought it would be a good idea to put over 80 college boys in a hotel with a world famous night club?

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

watching florida last night reminded me of us against utah a few years back.

i have few concerns we come out flat against ND. the chance to win 3/4 is a great motivator. also, i don't see our players getting overwhelmed by the moment. if we lose, we'll lose because we get beat, not because our heads aren't in the game or that we underestimate our opponent.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

Maybe reading Cecil's column today will put your mind at ease. ;)

SEC's Woes Mean Nothing to Alabama

Alabama and Notre Dame landed at separate South Florida airports Wednesday. According to reports, there was no woofing, no posturing, no intimidation, just the get-down-to-business demeanor of two teams ready to settle things on the football field.

But in the rest of America, where I remain until Friday, the rhetoric is flying thick and fast, almost as thick and fast as Jadeveon Clowney himself. And it gets thicker and faster with each passing bowl game. Some of it is just healthy speculation - every conceivable angle for predicting the Alabama-Notre Dame outcome has been explored. Analyzing bowl results for insight probably isn't any more effective than reading Tarot cards, it probably isn't any worse than some methods. For instance, Flipper the Sea World dolphin picked the Notre Dame ball with his nose, predicting an Irish win and proving that while dolphins can communicate, they have not yet heard of Harvey Updyke. And, really, did anyone expect a dolphin to pick Nick Saban?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It's in my DNA to worry --

Yet -- our "worst" game of the year -- vs our toughest opponent (A&M) -- even though we stunk it up for the first 20 minutes of the game -- we were this " " close to winning -- vs the "best" player in College Football....

I'm not really that worried. And, the only reason most are worried is the SIX WEEKS we've been waiting to play ......

We should be just fine.

In Mack I trust :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.