Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Will Charlie Strong Be Florida's Next Head Coach???

I ask this question based on what I have seen tonight and what I have observed in Louisville under Strong in the last 3 years.

Muschamp has a very undisciplined team (the most penalized team in the SEC), they play with reckless abandonment, and their game tonight was the norm throughout the season. with all the talent Muschamp has assembled in the last 3 recruiting classes (currently #1 for the 2013 class on ESPN), I have to wondered if they either are not developed accordingly or not evaluated properly. when UF was down 17-3, the game was essentially over. I knew they were not capable of rallying a comeback regardless of the final score. it was never close!! which brings me to my next point. UF has an offense that is not built to come from behind. once they were down, their running game prove futile and it took them out of their comfort zone. it forced Driskel to pass more than he usually accustomed to. he also holds on to the ball way too long ( 36 sacks this season). who is their OC?? their awful play calling had me scratching my head at times. with all that talent, UF struggled mightily against the likes of Bowling Green, LA Tech, and Missouri. against UGA, they looked completely incompetent. why are we surprised on their dismal performance tonight?? their defense was supposedly the best in the nation according to the pundits, yet all I saw tonight was a defense in disarray and out of position. they tackled great at times, but they were pushed around by kids that were 3* out of HS. I thought they would make 2nd half adjustments like they have all season long, but it was not to be. UL had them guessing all night. the score could have been worse. Muschamp's team is a reflection of their HC. very emotional without any self control.
    at times, I thought he was going to punch the ref!! Muschamp is a proven asst. coach and his passion serves him and his team well in that fashion. BUT he is not Head Coach material.

otoh, Strong has UL on the rise and is recruiting well. his team is well prepared, played disciplined football, and were ready for the big stage. play calling was great. Strong' s demeanor was cool and in control on the sideline. they had a plan and stuck to it. his team was passionate and willing to played big boys football tonight. Strong has been able to coached up lesser talent. imagine if he had UF talent?? if Muschamp continues to squander all that elite talent in Gainesville, Strong will soon be a top candidate to his former employer.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Re: Will Charlie Strong Be Florida's Next Head Coach???

I fell like they messed up by passing by him when they hired coach boom, but if strong continues to win, his momentum may carry him to the pros before UF needs to replace Muschamp
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    I fell like they messed up by passing by him when they hired coach boom, but if strong continues to win, his momentum may carry him to the pros before UF needs to replace Muschamp
    possible with NFL head coaches dropping like flies these days.

My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

what?
    to 16 and beyond........

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    what?
    like Pokechop mentioned, UF messed up when they passed up on Strong. the man served at UF for 12 years and watch the HC job go to another asst coach with no HC experience.

I couldn't believe he didn't take the Tennessee job. But, with the raise from Louisville and the future move, perhaps depending on how he continues to recruit, he may have found a home.

I'm sure he also knew what he has in Bridgewater, 2 more years with him to boost his record, and he may be able to get any job in the country. Monumental win for him tonight. I thought that it was dumb not to take the UT job simply because I expected them to get so embarrassed tonight, it would actually hurt his coaching resume, guess he knew better than anyone.

Oh, and on topic. Muschamp isn't going anywhere.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Well one thing is for sure, he just put on one helluva audition for somebody.

Isn't the fabled Brent Pease of Boise St fame the FL OC?
    Last edited by JPT4Bama; January 3rd, 2013 at 04:18 AM.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Muschamp just won 11 games and we're talking replacement? Player development? Really? In year two? Seems rather developed to me, going from 7-6 to 11-2... They played an egg in the Sugar Bowl... Seems a lot like us in 07 & 08.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No, it's not going to happen. It's just one bowl game. Nothing to get excited over.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did Muschamp get fired?? Already??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    Muschamp just won 11 games and we're talking replacement? Player development? Really? In year two? Seems rather developed to me, going from 7-6 to 11-2... They played an egg in the Sugar Bowl... Seems a lot like us in 07 & 08.
    Have you ever seen a worse, undisciplined team? Some of his calls were horrendous. He may be a great defensive coordinator but as a head coach he is awful.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    Did Muschamp get fired?? Already??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you but really I think Muschamp is one less Prozac away from pulling a Woody Hayes. He does look like he would stab you in the eye sometimes.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

hmmmm. 1 season or game a great coach makes, does not. if florida was 6-5 or something i could undertand