Question: Will Charlie Strong Be Florida's Next Head Coach???

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, CMR says he's OK with the penalties, so I'm assuming he's OK with the arrests as well...

mark richt is a fine upstanding man and a great leader of men.

on a serious note, i haven't watched UF much this year, but last night was almost comical, between the ridiculous penalties, the onside kicks (and other) stupid calls, and the offensive line that looked like a matador training class before a corrida de toros. without checking the stats, they may have drawn more penalties in their bowl game than uga.

uga got quite a few personal foul calls vs nebraska, and went into 5th grade bully mode (strutting and smack talk) when nebraska was keeping the game close.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Strong is in a good position. He recruits the state of Florida very well already, plus the move to the ACC is coming in 2014 as mentioned. If he keeps the talent flow coming to Louisville, which I see no reason he can't, he'll be able to compete right away in the ACC...

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Hopefully Strong stays at Louisville or goes to the pros. I don't particularly want to see Florida or LSU or any other SEC school hire him. I agree with the poster who noted that Strong put on one heck of an audition last night.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Muschamp just won 11 games and we're talking replacement? Player development? Really? In year two? Seems rather developed to me, going from 7-6 to 11-2... They played an egg in the Sugar Bowl... Seems a lot like us in 07 & 08.
this

No, it's not going to happen. It's just one bowl game. Nothing to get excited over.
and this

I guess Bama should have fired Nick after losing to Utah.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
I seen that game (what little I watched) one team had something to prove the other one thinking it was to good to be there.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Not to be a party pooper but I'm not 100% sold on Charlie Strong being a great coach. Definitely good, but 7-5, 7-5 and 11-2 isn't necessarily great. Yes, he beat Florida, but I honestly think that was more about Florida than Louisville, though Louisville certainly did their part to take advantage of the stupid moves by Florida. Louisville was spanked by Syracuse and lost to an awful UConn team.

I'm not saying Charlie Strong stinks, but I'm not 100% sold yet.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
this

and this

I guess Bama should have fired Nick after losing to Utah.
Saban already had an NC on his resume when he arrived in 2007 and had tons of coaching experience in CFB and NFL. Muschamp hasn't done anything other than become asst. head coach under Saban and Mack Brown.
like I said, a great and passionate asst HC, but IMO not HC material esp. at a major program like Florida.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I doubt the PTB at Florida will place more emphasis on one bowl game than on an entire season.

I think Muschamp's main problem is at QB, Driskel is a pretty good runner and might have atrong arm, but he has no touch.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I agree with you but really I think Muschamp is one less Prozac away from pulling a Woody Hayes. He does look like he would stab you in the eye sometimes.
Either that or stroking out...I have never seen a coach bare his teeth at a player like will the thrill did earlier this year. Scary.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
With the talent FL has and the built-in recruiting advantage UF has, this good year, even with some luck, is not that surprising. I'm not totally sold on him and wasn't before he came to FL. If he's a long-term Richt, then that's fine by me...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Well one thing is for sure, he just put on one helluva audition for somebody.

Isn't the fabled Brent Pease of Boise St fame the FL OC?
Yep. Brent Pease is the UF OC. His offenses at Boise State were outstanding. Florida looked like a buncha thugs during the game. They should've let their play do the talking.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Hopefully Strong stays at Louisville or goes to the pros. I don't particularly want to see Florida or LSU or any other SEC school hire him. I agree with the poster who noted that Strong put on one heck of an audition last night.
I agree with this post having shared a flight from Louisville to Atlanta with Strong and Schneiberger. I really enjoyed speaking with CCS. He is someone that really could recruit well in the southeast, well spoken, humble and very respectful. I could see parents trusting this guy to take care of their kids.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.