Question: Will Charlie Strong Be Florida's Next Head Coach???

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Compared to Bo Pellini, I think Muschamp looks like a model of self control.
Were they both on Sabans LSU staff at the same time? Hard to see they could be. Those two getting together would be like reaching critical mass in plutonium or uranium. Half the country would blow up with them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

domeronaroll

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 17, 2005
Not to be a party pooper but I'm not 100% sold on Charlie Strong being a great coach. Definitely good, but 7-5, 7-5 and 11-2 isn't necessarily great. Yes, he beat Florida, but I honestly think that was more about Florida than Louisville, though Louisville certainly did their part to take advantage of the stupid moves by Florida. Louisville was spanked by Syracuse and lost to an awful UConn team.

I'm not saying Charlie Strong stinks, but I'm not 100% sold yet.
Charlie Strong started out at Louisville with a 7-6 record in 2010. After 6 games in 2011, he was 2-4, for a collective 9 wins and 10 losses. Many Louisville fans were grumbling. Strong's AD, Tom Jurich, responded by extending Strong's employment contract.

Since then, Louisville under Charlie Strong has won 16 and lost 4, including a drubbing of Florida in the 2013 Sugar Bowl. Strong was observed bear hugging Jurich on the sidelines as the clock ticked down in the Sugar Bowl.

Loyalty may be important to Charlie Strong. He could have departed Louisville last month for more money, but he chose not to do so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.