Question: Will Charlie Strong Be Florida's Next Head Coach???

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I ask this question based on what I have seen tonight and what I have observed in Louisville under Strong in the last 3 years.

Muschamp has a very undisciplined team (the most penalized team in the SEC), they play with reckless abandonment, and their game tonight was the norm throughout the season. with all the talent Muschamp has assembled in the last 3 recruiting classes (currently #1 for the 2013 class on ESPN), I have to wondered if they either are not developed accordingly or not evaluated properly. when UF was down 17-3, the game was essentially over. I knew they were not capable of rallying a comeback regardless of the final score. it was never close!! which brings me to my next point. UF has an offense that is not built to come from behind. once they were down, their running game prove futile and it took them out of their comfort zone. it forced Driskel to pass more than he usually accustomed to. he also holds on to the ball way too long ( 36 sacks this season). who is their OC?? their awful play calling had me scratching my head at times. with all that talent, UF struggled mightily against the likes of Bowling Green, LA Tech, and Missouri. against UGA, they looked completely incompetent. why are we surprised on their dismal performance tonight?? their defense was supposedly the best in the nation according to the pundits, yet all I saw tonight was a defense in disarray and out of position. they tackled great at times, but they were pushed around by kids that were 3* out of HS. I thought they would make 2nd half adjustments like they have all season long, but it was not to be. UL had them guessing all night. the score could have been worse. Muschamp's team is a reflection of their HC. very emotional without any self control.
at times, I thought he was going to punch the ref!! Muschamp is a proven asst. coach and his passion serves him and his team well in that fashion. BUT he is not Head Coach material.

otoh, Strong has UL on the rise and is recruiting well. his team is well prepared, played disciplined football, and were ready for the big stage. play calling was great. Strong' s demeanor was cool and in control on the sideline. they had a plan and stuck to it. his team was passionate and willing to played big boys football tonight. Strong has been able to coached up lesser talent. imagine if he had UF talent?? if Muschamp continues to squander all that elite talent in Gainesville, Strong will soon be a top candidate to his former employer. :cool2:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I fell like they messed up by passing by him when they hired coach boom, but if strong continues to win, his momentum may carry him to the pros before UF needs to replace Muschamp

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
I couldn't believe he didn't take the Tennessee job. But, with the raise from Louisville and the future move, perhaps depending on how he continues to recruit, he may have found a home.

I'm sure he also knew what he has in Bridgewater, 2 more years with him to boost his record, and he may be able to get any job in the country. Monumental win for him tonight. I thought that it was dumb not to take the UT job simply because I expected them to get so embarrassed tonight, it would actually hurt his coaching resume, guess he knew better than anyone.

Oh, and on topic. Muschamp isn't going anywhere.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Well one thing is for sure, he just put on one helluva audition for somebody.

Isn't the fabled Brent Pease of Boise St fame the FL OC?

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Muschamp just won 11 games and we're talking replacement? Player development? Really? In year two? Seems rather developed to me, going from 7-6 to 11-2... They played an egg in the Sugar Bowl... Seems a lot like us in 07 & 08.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Muschamp just won 11 games and we're talking replacement? Player development? Really? In year two? Seems rather developed to me, going from 7-6 to 11-2... They played an egg in the Sugar Bowl... Seems a lot like us in 07 & 08.
Have you ever seen a worse, undisciplined team? Some of his calls were horrendous. He may be a great defensive coordinator but as a head coach he is awful.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Did Muschamp get fired?? Already?? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you but really I think Muschamp is one less Prozac away from pulling a Woody Hayes. He does look like he would stab you in the eye sometimes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I doubt Strong goes anywhere for quite a while. Louisville showed they had the money to keep him after the latest wave of vacancies, and Strong can compete for championships there.
Exactly, and this win over Florida will provide voters with something to consider next year if Louisville has another dominant season in a horrible conference.

Several coaches have proven that you can win at Louisville. If someone stays long enough, they might actually bring home a championship.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.