Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Article BCS preview: Alabama fighting both the Irish and history

BCS preview: Alabama fighting both the Irish and history
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    January 3rd, 2013 05:15 AM

By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Jan. 3, 2012   If the Alabama-LSU matchup in the 2012 BCS Championship Game was a matchup made for 20- and 30-somethings who have grown up in the era of SEC dominance, then the 2013 BCS Championship Game is a nod to the 40-, 50- and 60-somethings who still get [...]

Read More Here
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    None on TideFans.com

Re: BCS preview: Alabama fighting both the Irish and history

Finally...

Great preview as always, Jess. It should be fun.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.

BamaNation First Team 4thGenBamaGrad's Avatar

Every time I start to get nervous about the match-up, I keep coming back to the "opposition" angle of the game's analysis. And you gave this aspect its proper due credit--something the national media has glared over.

That, along with the experience factor, has given me more confidence going into this game than in our 3 close SEC games this year.

RTR!!!

"Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."
    Leroy Hoard

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Good write-up, Jess, as usual. Every week, before I read your write-up, I play a game with myself by trying to predict your prediction. I'm usually close every week, but this time, I nailed it - 23-13! Gotta be a good sign!
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Thanks, Jess! Lots of posters have been anxiously awaiting your take on the game. Gonna be some happy folks to read it today.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

BamaNation First Team BayouBama75's Avatar
    My Mood
    Pensive on TideFans.com

Good analysis. I will take 23-13 all day. If Bama comes out and plays their game, I think they win but just like last night with UF, they got off to a bad start and never really recovered. I just hope we don't have any injuries or anything like that that will change the look of the game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

In 1976, the Cincinnati Reds returned to the World Series as defending champs against the NY Yankees. The Yankees, of course, had the Everest reputation but had been lousy and irrelevant for 12 years. A writer noted that the Yankees were back in the Series but it was the team in the other dugout that looked like the Yankees of legend.

This year shapes up the same. It used to be Notre Dame that struck fear & respect in the hearts of the opposition, but now they are the invited guests. How did that World Series turn out? The Reds drilled the Yanks in four straight in one of the most one-sided Series ever. While that probably won't happen here, the point is the pedigree has changed.

One note - love the review but fails to mention the Irish win over OU, which their fans hold to as proof they can stop the run. But OU can't run anyway.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Love the write As always, very informative and thoughtful. Thank you!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Thank you for a realistic view of the game. You have made my Thursday start off on a good foot!
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Great write up - very detailed, but I disagree on a few points. First the obvious - Notre Dame's biggest win was against Stanford. Given what we have seen from the Trees this season, that one cannot be overlooked.

I think that Alabama wins handily in the OL/DL matchup. My prediction - even somewhat hobbled, Jones will have the game of his life on Monday.

Finally, I suspect that you are just handing Notre Dame the ST area. While Alabama may not have been as consistent as Notre Dame, Notre Dame has been consistently BAD. That does not translate into an advantage for ND in my book. Maybe you gave ND this area because you don't want to jinx the Alabama squad.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jess you are the man! You've been spot on all year, sans A&M, but who saw that coming. I think I see the same things as you do. If our ST shows up, like they do in these ball games it will be over early. Great job on a great season and Roll Tide!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Jess you are the man! You've been spot on all year, sans A&M, but who saw that coming. I think I see the same things as you do. If our ST shows up, like they do in these ball games it will be over early. Great job on a great season and Roll Tide!!

Well, Bama should have proved Jess right there too. He can't make them run the ball.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Awesome read; very interesting. Nix is my bigger concern than Teo because he is more disruptive at the LOS. Teo is a stud in zone coverage though.