Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Bama Sleeping Arrangements

What??? There are no TVs, newspapers or phones in Ft Lauderdale?!? This news is bigger than the BCSCG.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If people keep allowing themselves to "take the media bait" they will continue to suffer from needless and pointless anxiety. If we can survive 5 days in New Orleans, 2 blocks from Bourbon Street, we can survive Miami. Some of these kids have likely never been to the beach, much less a 5 star hotel like the Fontainebleu. I feel sure they will follow the rules and just enjoy the moment. This location is a Blessing, not a curse.

BamaNation All-SEC

The media is working hard trying to create a 1987 Miami-Penn State feel to this game.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Not true, I have visited South Florida many times. they have TV's , newspapers and radios 15 minutes away. absolutely ridicules.
    I live in south FL and I can vouch for the fact that pretty much everybody as tv's, radios and newspapers I don't see CNS as a person who lets these types of things get out of his control.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusTide View Post
    Bama is staying at the Fontainbleau Miami Beach which is located in mid-beach and not in south beach.

http://www.fontainebleau.com/

"The legendary Fontainebleau Miami Beach is “the” resort where James Bond and Goldfinger played a game of gin rummy, where Frank and The Rat Pack played and where Elvis was really “in the building,” This iconic playground to the stars is back and more alluring than ever. Through the 1950s and 1960s, Fontainebleau was the place to be and seemed to host the who's who in entertainment, including Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason, Judy Garland, Milton Berle, Jerry Lewis, Marlene Dietrich, Debbie Reynolds and many others. "

I think that Bama has enough focus to know how to handle themselves. Kids can get in trouble anywhere if they want to.
    When I was a child, we used to go in that hotel to see the lobby! I lived in Alabama but my grandparents lived in Miami. My husband and I stayed there two years ago when he had a dental seminar at the hotel. It is extremely nice and EXTREMELY pricey, not to mention overcrowded. Hard to get a lounge chair near one of the pools. In fact, they have a lounge chair...field (don't know what else to call it!) away from the pools! It's hysterical!

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

It's miami, if you want to be distracted, you don't need to be living on top of a club to do it. As far as I know both hotels have cabs, and let's be very honest from what we know of character on each team, which one is likely to be hitting up the night life the most?
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-SEC

Not sure about the BCS Championship, but for the larger regular bowl games, the local bowl committee makes agreements for the team hotels and often the hotels are "sponsors" at some level or another. Larger hotels like this business because lots of fans will stay in the "team" hotel without regard to proximity, cost, etc. If you can accommodate the players and coaches you will sell out whatever other rooms you have, even at exorbitant prices with night minimums. Alabama has a reputation for "traveling well" and its fans are used to premium prices and multi-night requirements in Tuscaloosa.

Much ado about nothing.
    Roll Tide

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    It's miami, if you want to be distracted, you don't need to be living on top of a club to do it. As far as I know both hotels have cabs, and let's be very honest from what we know of character on each team, which one is likely to be hitting up the night life the most?
    To tell the truth, I don't remember hearing anything about either team that would make me question their character. But maybe you know something I don't.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation First Team jeffs4thetide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Worried on TideFans.com

Finebaum just mentioned that the word is that the team will change hotels after tonight. Not sure how true this is.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffs4thetide View Post
    Finebaum just mentioned that the word is that the team will change hotels after tonight. Not sure how true this is.
    I heard this yesterday. If true, my guess would be that we're in the Fountainbleau now at the behest of the BSC deal but moving to a quieter venue for the last couple of days...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusTide View Post
    Bama is staying at the Fontainbleau Miami Beach which is located in mid-beach and not in south beach.

http://www.fontainebleau.com/

"The legendary Fontainebleau Miami Beach is “the” resort where James Bond and Goldfinger played a game of gin rummy, where Frank and The Rat Pack played and where Elvis was really “in the building,” This iconic playground to the stars is back and more alluring than ever. Through the 1950s and 1960s, Fontainebleau was the place to be and seemed to host the who's who in entertainment, including Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason, Judy Garland, Milton Berle, Jerry Lewis, Marlene Dietrich, Debbie Reynolds and many others. "

I think that Bama has enough focus to know how to handle themselves. Kids can get in trouble anywhere if they want to.
    LOL, the Starz channel series "Magic City" based its main set location (Miramar Playa Hotel) upon the Fontainebleau. Just keep the team away from the cabanas.

http://www.starz.com/originals/magiccity

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I heard this yesterday. If true, my guess would be that we're in the Fountainbleau now at the behest of the BSC deal but moving to a quieter venue for the last couple of days...
    What person on the Orange Bowl committee thought the Fountainbleau was a good hotel for college boys?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I know there were some travel packages being sold that included hotel upgrades to the Fontainbleau because it was the Bama team hotel. I did some checking and those rooms were something like $800 to $1,000 per night. Glad I didn't buy that package now ...