Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team bamajag600's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bama Sleeping Arrangements

I first read about each team's hotel arrangements a couple of weeks a go and instantly had a twinge of worry about it myself. This was way before ESPN or anybody else made a big deal about it, so it wasn't media induced.

I travel quite a bit with a group of guys and can say from experience that the easier the access is to the nightlife, the bigger the chance someone will get themselves in trouble. I don't expect it to happen, but to think our location isn't a little more tempting than ND's is just not being realistic.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference, the precious present moment." - Coach Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team TidePride50's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bama Sleeping Arrangements

ESPN doing what they do best...creating a story that doesn't exist.
    "Touch dat thang folk!"
    -Cortney Upshaw

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year our team moved out of downtown and away from the French Quarter the last couple of days. I saw them getting on the buses and leaving. LSWhoo continued staying near the FQ and didn't change hotels. We can see how that worked out. At least Jefferson didn't kick some guy's head in in a bar I guess. At any rate don't worry. CNS has it all under control.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    Last year our team moved out of downtown and away from the French Quarter the last couple of days. I saw them getting on the buses and leaving. LSWhoo continued staying near the FQ and didn't change hotels. We can see how that worked out. At least Jefferson didn't kick some guy's head in in a bar I guess. At any rate don't worry. CNS has it all under control.

I've heard that's the plan again. I believe we were in the Fountainbleau at the behest of the BCS Committee...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post

The team returned to the Marriott on Canal last year after the game so were they switching for a third time? Just curious.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Does it really matter that much? I thought it was how you play.
    ROLL TIDE!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Does it really matter that much? I thought it was how you play.
    Rather not tempt the boys with one of the world's most premiere night clubs at the bottom of the hotel.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Rather not tempt the boys with one of the world's most premiere night clubs at the bottom of the hotel.
    Understood, but I'm sure CNS knows how to handle it.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I stayed next to the team hotel last year. Don't know when they would have changed hotels because the team buses were there every day I was there. You could even hear the police sirens for the trip to the stadium from our hotel room and I was even at one of the nearby stores when the buses pulled up to pick up the team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Saban decided if they have to change hotels every day, they won't have time to sneak off into bars.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I've heard that's the plan again. I believe we were in the Fountainbleau at the behest of the BCS Committee...
    Why would one team stay there and the other at a much less nice place?

Could be saban likes to reward the players for he work they've done and let them have a little fun. Then switches to another hotel when it's really time to get totally zoned in?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    Why would one team stay there and the other at a much less nice place?

Could be saban likes to reward the players for he work they've done and let them have a little fun. Then switches to another hotel when it's really time to get totally zoned in?
    That's a good question. I will repeat- that hotel? Way overpriced on everything possible. I guess some of the players might be able to afford to club there and maybe some things might be comped but, all food, booze, beach towels, etc. come at off the chart prices.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good point about the priciness. I've been there-- drinks are $20. I've done pretty well in life but I'd think twice about ordering at $20 cocktail. Plus, the Fountainbleau has some of the most "attentive" doormen and hosts this side of Vegas. If you're not spending money, big money, you're out. There will be plenty of people in line outside waiting to throw money around.

I'm not worried about it.
    "So, if you wanna drink the Kool-Aid..." Nick Saban, September 27, 2008

JamieSPC drunk on Kool-Aid, 2008-2013