Bama Sleeping Arrangements

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Why would one team stay there and the other at a much less nice place?

Could be saban likes to reward the players for he work they've done and let them have a little fun. Then switches to another hotel when it's really time to get totally zoned in?
I can't really vouch for the plan, although I've heard it from several quarters...

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Sounds like Norway prices. We were there several years ago, first time for me since the 70s and first time for my wife. I've also had a $20 glass of wine - and it was mediocre...
I expected at least premium liquor but it was silly, fruity well stuff. I don't think a college student could stay there long enough to get in trouble, unless there is some comping happening, as another poster mentioned... Then there is a whole other problem.

Funny, ain't it Earle, how some spots want you to pay for one glass what the bottle costs? But I will say I've done it in a pinch... :biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I expected at least premium liquor but it was silly, fruity well stuff. I don't think a college student could stay there long enough to get in trouble, unless there is some comping happening, as another poster mentioned... Then there is a whole other problem.

Funny, ain't it Earle, how some spots want you to pay for one glass what the bottle costs? But I will say I've done it in a pinch... :biggrin:
In Norway, they've become so blue-nose, because of a dark history with alcohol, it's so expensive that folks in Oslo and others within driving distance of Sweden would drive over there on $2 liter gas and still come out ahead. I brought as much in from Denmark as I could, but, of course, I soon ran out. And distribution was very restricted. In Bergen, where we spent the last several days, our room happened to overlook the ABC store, which closed its doors promptly at 5:00 on Friday. The odd thing was, strict as they are - legal limit one tenth ours and the hotel had a breathalyzer in the lobby (in case you wanted to drive) - there were crowds of teenagers actually in the store, begging you to buy booze for them. The clerks and cops ignored them. As the clock struck five, the crowd evaporated instantly. I saw one lady come striding down the street purposefully and then try the door - twice - and then back up in disbelief at her dry weekend. Of course, she could have crossed the street to our hotel for a $20 glass of wine... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.