Bama Sleeping Arrangements

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
It's miami, if you want to be distracted, you don't need to be living on top of a club to do it. As far as I know both hotels have cabs, and let's be very honest from what we know of character on each team, which one is likely to be hitting up the night life the most?
To tell the truth, I don't remember hearing anything about either team that would make me question their character. But maybe you know something I don't.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Finebaum just mentioned that the word is that the team will change hotels after tonight. Not sure how true this is.
I heard this yesterday. If true, my guess would be that we're in the Fountainbleau now at the behest of the BSC deal but moving to a quieter venue for the last couple of days...

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
Bama is staying at the Fontainbleau Miami Beach which is located in mid-beach and not in south beach.

http://www.fontainebleau.com/

"The legendary Fontainebleau Miami Beach is “the” resort where James Bond and Goldfinger played a game of gin rummy, where Frank and The Rat Pack played and where Elvis was really “in the building,” This iconic playground to the stars is back and more alluring than ever. Through the 1950s and 1960s, Fontainebleau was the place to be and seemed to host the who's who in entertainment, including Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason, Judy Garland, Milton Berle, Jerry Lewis, Marlene Dietrich, Debbie Reynolds and many others. "

I think that Bama has enough focus to know how to handle themselves. Kids can get in trouble anywhere if they want to.
LOL, the Starz channel series "Magic City" based its main set location (Miramar Playa Hotel) upon the Fontainebleau. Just keep the team away from the cabanas. :biggrin:

http://www.starz.com/originals/magiccity

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I heard this yesterday. If true, my guess would be that we're in the Fountainbleau now at the behest of the BSC deal but moving to a quieter venue for the last couple of days...
What person on the Orange Bowl committee thought the Fountainbleau was a good hotel for college boys?

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
I know there were some travel packages being sold that included hotel upgrades to the Fontainbleau because it was the Bama team hotel. I did some checking and those rooms were something like $800 to $1,000 per night. Glad I didn't buy that package now ...

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
I first read about each team's hotel arrangements a couple of weeks a go and instantly had a twinge of worry about it myself. This was way before ESPN or anybody else made a big deal about it, so it wasn't media induced.

I travel quite a bit with a group of guys and can say from experience that the easier the access is to the nightlife, the bigger the chance someone will get themselves in trouble. I don't expect it to happen, but to think our location isn't a little more tempting than ND's is just not being realistic.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Last year our team moved out of downtown and away from the French Quarter the last couple of days. I saw them getting on the buses and leaving. LSWhoo continued staying near the FQ and didn't change hotels. We can see how that worked out. At least Jefferson didn't kick some guy's head in in a bar I guess. At any rate don't worry. CNS has it all under control.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Last year our team moved out of downtown and away from the French Quarter the last couple of days. I saw them getting on the buses and leaving. LSWhoo continued staying near the FQ and didn't change hotels. We can see how that worked out. At least Jefferson didn't kick some guy's head in in a bar I guess. At any rate don't worry. CNS has it all under control.

I've heard that's the plan again. I believe we were in the Fountainbleau at the behest of the BCS Committee...

BamaRV

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 19, 2007
Roswell, GA

The team returned to the Marriott on Canal last year after the game so were they switching for a third time? Just curious.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
I stayed next to the team hotel last year. Don't know when they would have changed hotels because the team buses were there every day I was there. You could even hear the police sirens for the trip to the stadium from our hotel room and I was even at one of the nearby stores when the buses pulled up to pick up the team.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Saban decided if they have to change hotels every day, they won't have time to sneak off into bars.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I've heard that's the plan again. I believe we were in the Fountainbleau at the behest of the BCS Committee...
Why would one team stay there and the other at a much less nice place?

Could be saban likes to reward the players for he work they've done and let them have a little fun. Then switches to another hotel when it's really time to get totally zoned in?

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Why would one team stay there and the other at a much less nice place?

Could be saban likes to reward the players for he work they've done and let them have a little fun. Then switches to another hotel when it's really time to get totally zoned in?
That's a good question. I will repeat- that hotel? Way overpriced on everything possible. I guess some of the players might be able to afford to club there and maybe some things might be comped but, all food, booze, beach towels, etc. come at off the chart prices.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
It's a good point about the priciness. I've been there-- drinks are $20. I've done pretty well in life but I'd think twice about ordering at $20 cocktail. Plus, the Fountainbleau has some of the most "attentive" doormen and hosts this side of Vegas. If you're not spending money, big money, you're out. There will be plenty of people in line outside waiting to throw money around.

I'm not worried about it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's a good point about the priciness. I've been there-- drinks are $20. I've done pretty well in life but I'd think twice about ordering at $20 cocktail. Plus, the Fountainbleau has some of the most "attentive" doormen and hosts this side of Vegas. If you're not spending money, big money, you're out. There will be plenty of people in line outside waiting to throw money around.

I'm not worried about it.
Sounds like Norway prices. We were there several years ago, first time for me since the 70s and first time for my wife. I've also had a $20 glass of wine - and it was mediocre...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.