Question: Worse Quarterback - Tyler Russell of MSU or Jeff Driskel of Florida?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Watched both games and came away shaking my head at both. I know Drexel is only a Sophomore, but he has a long way to go before he can lead that team to a championship.

Both QBs hold the ball too long and make poor reads. Both had chances to run, and both seemed to run into the sack instead of the gap about 8 times out of 10.

Considering the talent around each, who is worse?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: Worse Quarterback - Tyler Russell of MSU or Jeff Drexel of Florida?

Driskel... Jeff Driskel, not Drexel.. I guess if I had to choose one or the other, I would take Tyler Russel.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I got Wittek (USCw) and FSU's guy right there with them. Simply terrible performances by the entire lot. I hope to see a similar effort from Mr. Golson. :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Gah, I feel stupid. Mods, please correct the title.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I got Wittek (USCw) and FSU's guy right there with them. Simply terrible performances by the entire lot. I hope to see a similar effort from Mr. Gholson. :)
I don't really fault Wittek for a poor performance since he was starting his second game. The entire team was pathetic on Monday, and that falls on Lane Kiffin.

EJ Manual has been hyped for awhile now and rarely lives up to it. The playcalling by FSU on Tuesday made me wonder if ESPN paid them to keep the game interesting. Not even sure why he was throwing the ball.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Hands down, Russell was terrible. Throw in the fact that he seemed to roll his eyes at the coaches trying to correct him and he "wins" this contest in a landslide. Driskel wasn't good and that first INT put UF in a huge hole, but it was just a tipped pass with a defender in the right place at the right time; Russell threw into coverage a lot and had one pick where he just lobbed it up to midfield when MSU still had a fighting chance (rather than just throw it away).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Driskel is a fine QB, and I expect him to have a solid career at Florida. Most of his INTs this season that I have seen have come on tipped passes, so the Gators need to work on that part of their game. Russell had the worst game of his life and handed that game to Northwestern on a platter. Not sure what to take away from a performance that bad.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

Driskel's biggest problem - at least last night - is that he was telegraphing his passes. Not sure that he looked off his primary receiver once.

Russell is just not that good. Period.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Driskel also had poor O-line play, and he held on to the ball too long. I didn't see Russell play, but I thought Driskel was pretty bad.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Russell is apparently the classic case of an average QB padding stats against bad competition. I would take Driskel in a heartbeat over him. He led his team to some big wins this season. Florida still has a long way to go, as evidenced by their close calls against the likes of Bowling Green and LaLaffeyette. Louisville is a good team, and I'm not terribly surprised they won, but it was a shock to see them dismantle the Gators. All of this comes down to discipline. It's something Muschamp will have to address, otherwise, he won't be long for that job.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa

A team often reflects the way they view the head coach. True disciplinary type coaches have teams that play disciplined football. I don't like the way CWM acts on the sideline but that's his way. Coach Saban goes berserk sometimes too, but notice the difference in the the teams on field. Something is missing off the field just like UGA and Aubs.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Easy, Tyler Russell.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Driskel's biggest problem - at least last night - is that he was telegraphing his passes. Not sure that he looked off his primary receiver once.

Russell is just not that good. Period.
BUT BUT , Russell was compared to AJ as the best QB in the SEC....

WKURainwater

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2009
Donelson, TN

SI said that Driskel is the next coming of Tebow? He couldn't possibly be the worst... I miss Jarrett Lee personally...

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

Russell was so bad it looked like he was throwing the game (pun intended). that was a shocking performance from him.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)

BUT BUT , Russell was compared to AJ as the best QB in the SEC....
To hear the local Dawg faithful tell it in August, he's just awesome. Nobody's ever seen anything like him. (etc.)

SI said that Driskel is the next coming of Tebow? He couldn't possibly be the worst... I miss Jarrett Lee personally...
They meant compared to Tebow in the NFL. ;)

Russell was so bad it looked like he was throwing the game (pun intended). that was a shocking performance from him.
Impossible...Mullen is THE reason St. Tim was successful at UF. He's a regular QB whisperer/wizard. (or so I hear)

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

Well Driskel can run some so I am going with Russell is the worst.:BigA::BigA::BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.