Game preview from an ND blog

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Also.... let me get this straight.... Notre Dame's big advantage over Bama is that they can sustain long scoring drives, and they're 119th in D1 IN REDZONE TOUCHDOWN PERCENTAGE?! Does any one else see the flaw in that logic?

I guess the guy is saying that they'll have 13 play 7 minute drives and score from the 21.
If you look at their stats, most of those long drives end in FGs...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Also.... let me get this straight.... Notre Dame's big advantage over Bama is that they can sustain long scoring drives, and they're 119th in D1 IN REDZONE TOUCHDOWN PERCENTAGE?! Does any one else see the flaw in that logic?
I think they're hoping they'll control the clock and keep our far-more-potent offense on the sidelines. Unfortunately for them, if the averages hold, they'd have to hold the ball for more than 36 minutes for those averages to allow them a victory (which would be almost six minutes less than we hold the ball and some four minutes more than their average...)

No matter how you slice it, the numbers aren't in their favor.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
I think they're hoping they'll control the clock and keep our far-more-potent offense on the sidelines. Unfortunately for them, if the averages hold, they'd have to hold the ball for more than 36 minutes for those averages to allow them a victory (which would be almost six minutes less than we hold the ball and some four minutes more than their average...)

No matter how you slice it, the numbers aren't in their favor.
It has to be sliced and diced with one of the little green Leprechaun slice and Dice machines! It's the only way to make it come out looking like their green! :biggrin:

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Nd need Bama Qb to have a bad game; a good or above game and Bama wins; As good as they are upfront they are still going to be a lot of one on one matchups from selling out to stop the run. If Aj hits the openings, Nd is in for a long night. If he struggles, things could go ND way.

I didn't see one reason other than a gut feeling that he thought ND would beat Bama. It was a good write up. He looked at past situations to suggest that because won in the past they'll win now. It just doesn't happen that way. It will take a lot of Bama mistakes to win just like all of Bama losses since 2008 for Bama to lose. Look at the most recent loss. It was just QB play. We turned it over enough in one game to last two seasons and we were still right there at the end. So if you think it's all about QB play you better look harder. It takes more than just someone running around after a broken play to beat Bama.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
That caught my eye also, particularly after he'd said earlier in the article that our receivers were the least of their worries, because they'd done so well at containg the deep ball all year. Then he came out with this paragraph, which makes as little sense as anything I've ever read from a sportswriter:

This is tantamount to saying "X is a terrible boxer because he knocks everyone out in the first round..." :D
Agree. He said a key to a Notre Dame victory would be to force Bama into long, methodical drives. Umm, if they do that, that's exactly why Bama will win

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I feel pretty confident that ND's defense is not as good as last year's LSU defense. The comparisons always seem to be to this year's Georgia defense. Surely the Irish are better than Georgia. Alabama moved the ball at will on Georgia. It seems to me a better comparison is last year's LSU to this year's ND.

Our offense has improved since last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.