Nike introduces uniform system for BCS game

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
nike, under armour, etc. make technical "updates" every year to sell more new uniforms. the updates have a very marginal, if any, effect on performance.
Maybe, but I don't wear them, so I can't say.

Roll Tide

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I like it, this is the type of stuff the kids really go for, whether we can expect to see a change in performance is highly unlikely. But the kids believe mentally that it will improve their performance, and I'm all for it...RTR!!

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I'm all for anything to help the players stay cool...I can still remember those heavy cotton jerseys from the 70's where the sleeves hung down to the elbows and they would stick to you like glue when wet...

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
I like it, this is the type of stuff the kids really go for, whether we can expect to see a change in performance is highly unlikely. But the kids believe mentally that it will improve their performance, and I'm all for it...RTR!!
Now fortified with 100% more placebo!

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Coach Saban has said the players really like the custom Nike gear (they get to keep the gloves? etc.). Overall I like the way they incorporate new "tech" but maintain the classic Alabama look.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I'm all about staying traditional I think that's actually what separates us and the likes of Penn State from everyone else. These jersey's however are seemingly different textures not so much different design and scheme entirely. If we had to update our jersey's I would be game for these. RTR!

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I love the gloves. I also want to see Alabama wear chrome helmets at least once. ;) (I have a chrome Alabama mini helmet, and it is awesome). But the helmets in the pics look the same as always. I don't notice a matte like finish.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Things change...

For you guys that don't like change, do you want to go back to these helmets? How about a "Script A" on these leather helmets?

I don't think it's real change for the uniform just a change in the material used to make the uniform. It's still that classic traditional Alabama uniform.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.