Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Re: Self Scout - How would you attack Alabama?

Double Jesse in the middle on runs, have a lead blocker, and throw slants and short crosses.

Speed rush on Fluker's side all day. Pressure the middle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

2. Advertisement

On defense, play straight up, stuff the run with 7 in the box, be aggressive in coverage and everything will fall in to place.

On offense don't get cute run the ball or go deep, don't try and pass over the middle much. Control the clock and let the defense win the game

BamaNation All-American JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

I would expect ND to try and do no hurry offense, and throw lot of slant pass and screen pages. I Think we can expect them to use up lot of the time as possible to keep the offense off the field, and I don't expect to see 20 + plus play often. Expect ND to stuff the box and force AJ to throw a lot, kinda what Texas A and M did.. but we could see lot of plays going around the edge... Alabama will get creative
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Badly done satire...
    Always have been bad at subtlety.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm surprised no one mentioned slipping across the Mississippi line and hope Florida showed up to help.
    Fl. didn't show up for their bowl game, they might not want to attack Alabama.
    Tennessee would have liked to help, but their strategy didn't work.
    Georgia is still miffed at loosing the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME so they might attack from the East...

As far ND. I look for them to crowd the box and attempt to stop the run.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 4th, 2013 at 12:11 AM. Reason: format

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned slipping across the Mississippi line and hope Florida showed up to help.
    Georgia is still miffed at loosing the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME so they might attack from the East...

Now, that's breaking news...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NDinNYC2 View Post
    At the risk of inviting responses like "pray," "hope they don't show up," etc. I am curious as to how you guys would attack Alabama on offense as well as defense.

If you feel as though you know enough about NDs schemes, personnel and tendencies to speak to this specific match up, great. But that might be tough unless you've seen ND play a lot over the course of the entire year and have great familiarity with their coaching staff. Otherwise, I think fans, even highly educated fans, tend to form opinions on other teams based primarily on statistics, highlights, one or two games, things they've heard / read and what they believe about their own team - with the last item outweighing all others. While that's worth something, I'm not sure that yields the best results - as you've seen with Alabama breakdowns done by ND people.

If you're like me, you tend to obsess over the negatives on your squad - injuries, players that have not developed as you hoped, areas where you've been hurt before, etc. - rather than sitting around and daydreaming about your strengths. For example, I spend a lot more time worrying about the right side of ND's offensive line than I do watching replays of jump balls Tyler Eifert hauled in this season. And that mentality can lead to an interesting perspective.....

Anyway, you know more than I ever will about this Alabama team. What would you do if you had to face them? What are the keys on offense / defense to competing and giving yourself a chance to win?
    I would study film from the 7 losses Bama has in the last 5 years. Avoid what the opponents did in the 60 Tide wins during that time.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I'm worried Coach Nuss doesn't really understand how to use a dominating run game. He's prob never had one. Plus, AJ is just too good a weapon to not use. It's a tough call; eps in this game. Against TAMU, not so much. I'll never understand why we didn't just muscle those little boys and keep Johnny F off the field.
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain O’Landers.

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This may be your only chance:

Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    I would study film from the 7 losses Bama has in the last 5 years. Avoid what the opponents did in the 60 Tide wins during that time.
    What this guy said.

BamaNation All-American

Me? As in the person behind the keyboard?

I'd hide. Those dudes are scary fast and scary big. ;p
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post

I hope so. Look for Amari Cooper to reach the 1000 yard mark for the season then
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

saw on a preview a couple interesting areas the Tide was lacking in but I'm sure it hasn't been lost on kirby and cns. they showed how aTm, LSU, and UGA played with 2 TE, one on each side, and flared them out wide to pull 2 LB with them and allowing the middle of the field to be open. Our safeties haven't had the greatest season covering the middle of the field so a majority of plays were made in that 5-25 yard area between the hashes. I don't know enough about ND's WR corps or Golstons middle range throwing accuracy but that would certainly be a plan of attack.

defensively i think they have to make AJ beat them. you've got to crowd the box and try to take away the running game, if possible. AJ has gone long spells in the second half of the season where he hasn't hit anything (1st quarter vs UGA, almost all 2nd half vs LSU, first 20 minutes vs aTm) and by most accounts ND's defense is superior to any we've played this year.

While I think AJ and the WR's have done an excellent job this year they are, when compared to RB crew and Oline, our weak link offensively much like the safeties have been weak link defensively. So i'm expecting ND to challenge Bama in middle of field in pass game and to make AJ beat them with 1 on 1's on defense.

so, AJ to win BCSNCG offensive MVP