Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Red Zone numbers

Biggest glaring stat I've seen to date about ND Alabama. Alabama is 2nd in red zone defense nationally, and ND is 119th in red zone TD percentage. Thats the difference in the game in my eyes.
    Last edited by cmmiller711; January 3rd, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Red Zone numbers

i can't find the stat on TD percentage for alabama's offense but Bama is 15th in red zone offense to ND's 3rd in red zone D

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmmiller711 View Post
    i can't find the stat on TD percentage for alabama's offense but Bama is 15th in red zone offense to ND's 3rd in red zone D
    NCAA stats:
    Alabama red zone O: 15th (score 89% of the time)
    Notre Dame red zone D: tied for 2nd (allow scores 64% of the time)

Alabama red zone D: 1st (allow scores 63% of the time)
    Notre Dame red zone O: 74th (score 79% of the time)

We're better in the RZ on both sides of the ball. It's close on D, but we're a good bit better on O. Looking for TD percentages for the offenses...
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; January 3rd, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama's offense has had 57 drives into the redone (4.4/game) yielding 51 scores (30 rushing TDs, 11 passing TDs, 10 FGs).
    Alabama's defense has allowed 27 drives into the redone (2.1/game) yielding 17 scores (9 rushing TDs, 5 passing TDs, 3 FGs).

Notre Dame's offense has had 58 drives into the redone (4.8/game) yielding 46 scores (18 rushing TDs, 9 passing TDs, 19 FGs).
    Notre Dame's defense has allowed 33 drives into the redone (2.8/game) yielding 21 scores (2 rushing TDs, 6 passing TDs, 13 FGs).
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Notre Dame's redzone offense has been a problem all year. Reasons for this are varied and cover a lot of bases - poor reads / accuracy by the QBs, sloppy route running from the WRs, questionable play calling (Kelly has a tendency to get cute near the goal line) and flat out bad execution. The USC game, in particular, stands out as an example where redzone follies made life more difficult than it should have been for ND.

Kelly himself pointed to a need for massive improvement in this area during the 45 day layoff before the title game. So it's no secret to anyone on the ND side. Did they do anything about it? Remains to be seen. But they'll have to take advantage of redzone opportunities to give themselves a real shot on Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Here's a small piece from the ESPN Stats folks about the two defenses in the red zone.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...nearly-perfect
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Red Zone numbers

They will be a product of their season as all teams are including Alabama.

BamaNation First Team tidegrandpa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We also score alot outside the red zone, not allowing the defense to shrink the field. AKA Amari's TD catch against GA and AJ to TJ, vs LSU.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tidegrandpa View Post
    We also score alot outside the red zone, not allowing the defense to shrink the field. AKA Amari's TD catch against GA and AJ to TJ, vs LSU.
    You weren't reading the commentary yesterday on the ND writer's article to the effect that that only proves we can't sustain drives...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team tidegrandpa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    You weren't reading the commentary yesterday on the ND writer's article to the effect that that only proves we can't sustain drives...
    Yor are correct sir, reading a ND writer is rare for this guy

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Red Zone numbers

The deceiving thing is our red zone numbers would be a lot higher if not for blow out games. We are hard to stop, and with goal to go we are even harder to stop.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    The deceiving thing is our red zone numbers would be a lot higher if not for blow out games. We are hard to stop, and with goal to go we are even harder to stop.
    How many times have we been in the red zone and ran out the clock?
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Red Zone numbers

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    How many times have we been in the red zone and ran out the clock?
    Enough to lower the percentage significantly. When Ben Howell is running the ball for us you know the stat line is going to drop. I just wish he could have gotten in the end zone just one time.

People get on CNS for running up the score. Thank should be thanking him for not "really" running it up.