Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Recipes

Re: Red Zone numbers

Quote Originally Posted by tidegrandpa View Post
    Yor are correct sir, reading a ND writer is rare for this guy
    Here is the paragraph below. This was after he'd said that our receivers might be the least of their worries, owing to how well they'd defended this year:

Take a look at the chart below and you'll see Alabama is not good at sustaining methodical drives...because they've been so explosive on offense and haven't had to rely on stringing together long scoring drives with a ton of plays.
    As I said before, this is tantamount to saying "Boxer 'X' can't sustain a long fight, because he knocks everyone out in the first round..."
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Red Zone numbers

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Here is the paragraph below. This was after he'd said that our receivers might be the least of their worries, owing to how well they'd defended this year:

As I said before, this is tantamount to saying "Boxer 'X' can't sustain a long fight, because he knocks everyone out in the first round..."
    Did the writer not watch the SECCG?!
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Did the writer not watch the SECCG?!
    It has the ring of grasping for straws...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Red Zone numbers

Yeah, it has to be something. All those drives were long drive, well, just about, AND they were during crunch time for a championship not a regular season game.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I did the same comparison last year for LSU. However, my basis was their offense had a shorter field than most because of their defense and kick return game. While they scored TDs, they didn't sustain long drives because of their field position.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

You weren't reading the commentary yesterday on the ND writer's article to the effect that that only proves we can't sustain drives...
    Yeah, that was a joke.
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

Can you post a link to this article? Thanks.
    We will get thereI promise you that. -Coach Saban

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by UA All the Way View Post
    Can you post a link to this article? Thanks.
    It's right here on page two:

LINK

BamaNation Second Team Bama Czar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NDinNYC2 View Post
    Notre Dame's redzone offense has been a problem all year. Reasons for this are varied and cover a lot of bases - poor reads / accuracy by the QBs, sloppy route running from the WRs, questionable play calling (Kelly has a tendency to get cute near the goal line) and flat out bad execution. The USC game, in particular, stands out as an example where redzone follies made life more difficult than it should have been for ND.

Kelly himself pointed to a need for massive improvement in this area during the 45 day layoff before the title game. So it's no secret to anyone on the ND side. Did they do anything about it? Remains to be seen. But they'll have to take advantage of redzone opportunities to give themselves a real shot on Monday.
    Well, "statistically speaking", ND's only going to get 2 opportunities......so, good luck with that.