Game Thread: Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs. Kansas State

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The prevailing complaint on the KSU board is the SEC manipulates the schedule so that none of the power schools have any hard conference games in November. This prevents SEC teams from losing too late in the year and not having enough time to work their way back up the rankings.

This is seen as being very unfair to Big12 teams because KSU had to play a very tough Baylor late in the season while Alabama got to cruise.
i wonder if they've ever looked at our november schedule? it was pretty brutal this year, and is no walk in the park in any given year.

Every BCS game so far (except the Rose Bowl and Sugar) has been a blowout. But, they BCS is designed only "to match the two best teams". We could've say Georgia or Florida vs Florida State but noooo we had to settle for these mismatches.
So by every BCS game so far, you mean the other two games played against the two non-blowouts? Quite the imbalance there.

These two teams are ranked #4 and #5. There is absolutely no guarantee ANY team is going to produce just a classic match-up in a bowl game, no matter how talented they are.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Haha...yeah, there is no love lost between KU and KSU at all. They definitely have the edge in basketball, not so much in football. It's been a pretty big deal that Wildcat basketball has been doing so much better in recent years. Yeah, everything would be sold out in town for football...it's a pretty big deal for the 'Cats. The Bama/Barn comparison is pretty accurate. K-State is known more for engineering, agriculture, vet med. KU has the med school, etc.

The weather can be wicked and unpredictable. Beautiful. Not much to do. Not as flat as the mythologies until you get to western Kansas. I-70 can be a bore to drive, especially once you get past Exit 313 to Manhattan.
Yep, we used to have place out in Vail. We'd fly out in winter but drive out in summer. Once, I drove all the way from Russell to Nashville and Liz took it on in to HSV...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I had to pickup my baby girl from her friends house & missed it..How does a team score a one point safety?????..Didn't even know that could happen..
About as far-fetched and unlikely as a fourth and goal punt, but the one point safety can be scored against the kicking team as well. If the ball had been knocked all the way back to the other end zone and recovered by Oregon it would have been a one point safety for K State. If recovered by K State it would have been two points for them, just as if they had returned the blocked kick the length of the field.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.