Game Thread: Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs. Kansas State

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I hated playing with knee pads...the never sit right, and just feel awkward...I would have done the same thing if I could have
I read an article the other day about Warmack always being able to draw a laugh and break tension. In a crucial spot in one game, in the huddle, he remarked "Do everybody else's knee braces feel funny?" :D

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
KSU controlled the 1st half, won the stats, and trail at the half. Geez.

OREKSU
1st Downs812
3rd down efficiency
2-56-10
4th down efficiency
0-10-1
Total Yards158170
Passing106104
Comp-Att
6-1211-19
Yards per pass
Rushing5266
Rushing Attempts
Yards per rush
Penalties4-282-10
Turnovers01
Fumbles lost
Interceptions thrown
Possession8:5121:09

Irish Jacky

Dec 27, 2012
Why all the love for KSU here and so little for OU? Kansas is geographically closer to the South but that can't be the reasonI, can it? I don't get it. Is it because the OU coach is named Kelly? What's the deal?

Not trollin', just askin'.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Why all the love for KSU here and so little for OU? Kansas is geographically closer to the South but that can't be the reasonI, can it? I don't get it. Is it because the OU coach is named Kelly? What's the deal?

For one...I like Snyder and their QB. I also, tend to root for the underdogs in games I have no stake in.

KSU controlled the 1st half, won the stats, and trail at the half. Geez.

OREKSU
1st Downs812
3rd down efficiency
2-56-10
4th down efficiency
0-10-1
Total Yards158170
Passing106104
Comp-Att
6-1211-19
Yards per pass
Rushing5266
Rushing Attempts
Yards per rush
Penalties4-282-10
Turnovers01
Fumbles lost
Interceptions thrown
Possession8:5121:09
Chip Kelly is a great example of a coach showing you the only stat that matters is the score.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL

Oregon is an overrated PAC-whatever media darling with a lot of flash. Plus watch how dirty they are playing. No discipline whatsoever. Bunch of thugs. K-State is well coached and classy.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Oregon is probably going to kick the snaps up a bit...they were kind of plugging along at K-State's pace. I don't think KSU can handle the quick snap component of no-huddle

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

First, I think, is the west coast glitz and the uniforms and all. They're sort of the antithesis of Alabama football. The Kelly part is a laugh. All of the South, except for the extreme southern parts of AL, MS, etc. are Keltic in background. I just flipped through the Huntsville phone book, and, in a community of several hundred thousands there are seven pages of people whose names begin with "Mc." In fact, my middle name (mother's maiden name) is "Boyd." In, fact, surprise, all of the British Isles (not just Ireland and Scotland) are genetically 85% Keltic. IOW, when the Saxons, Vikings, etc. invaded, the Kelts didn't really go anywhere at all. If you get curious about it, I'd recommend a book named "Saxons, Vikings and Celts," based on DNA analysis of the inhabitants of Great Britain. IOW, Kelts rule, no matter how we say our "Our Fathers"...

Personally, I don't have a problem with Oregon. Granted, I hate every college football team not named Alabama... but Oregon doesn't get me really worked up.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I am pulling for Oregon...just sayin

I think the lack of love for Oregon is that they are considered "what's wrong with college football" too most of us who like the glory days for running the ball and playing tough defense...

Irish Jacky

Dec 27, 2012
First, I think, is the west coast glitz and the uniforms and all. They're sort of the antithesis of Alabama football. The Kelly part is a laugh. All of the South, except for the extreme southern parts of AL, MS, etc. are Keltic in background. I just flipped through the Huntsville phone book, and, in a community of several hundred thousands there are seven pages of people whose names begin with "Mc." In fact, my middle name (mother's maiden name) is "Boyd." In, fact, surprise, all of the British Isles (not just Ireland and Scotland) are genetically 85% Keltic. IOW, when the Saxons, Vikings, etc. invaded, the Kelts didn't really go anywhere at all. If you get curious about it, I'd recommend a book named "Saxons, Vikings and Celts," based on DNA analysis of the inhabitants of Great Britain. IOW, Kelts rule, no matter how we say our "Our Fathers"...
Did you know the Celts originated in the Iberian Peninsula (Spain)? I was surprised to learn that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.