Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenny Bell closer to return

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The key will be if his speed is there. I don't think ND even has anything they can do to scheme for him considering the attention Cooper requires in addition to the run game. He's going to get man coverage either way and he's going to need his speed to burn them. A 50-75% Bell might not be the player we need.
    No but a 90 to 95% Bell might be. And that would mean another ring for Bell! Ring MY Bell!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOAN View Post
    No but a 90 to 95% Bell might be. And that would mean another ring for Bell! Ring MY Bell!!!!
    Just got to say it. Wouldn`t it be great to see us trot out, a couple of times, a set with Coop and Bell flanked out on one side and Black on the other? Won`t happen I`m sure, but it`s fun to think about! Talk about a mad scramble in the ND secondary!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Just got to say it. Wouldn`t it be great to see us trot out, a couple of times, a set with Coop and Bell flanked out on one side and Black on the other? Won`t happen I`m sure, but it`s fun to think about! Talk about a mad scramble in the ND secondary!
    IF we see Black (and that's a big "if"), I would think he would be second rotation for speed depth. Bell, OTOH, if healthy enough, would start opposite Coop...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

In the practice photos, Kenny is wearing a black jersey. Great that he's practicing, but if he's not cleared for contact in practice, would he still play? I guess it's possible...

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have no inside information that you couldn't get if you ran into Kenny yourself. He didn't share with me any details as we talked.

BUT.....he looked good on Wed. If I didn't know any better I would have no idea he broke his leg. That said, walking is a lot different than running and playing in a football game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjess View Post
    In the practice photos, Kenny is wearing a black jersey. Great that he's practicing, but if he's not cleared for contact in practice, would he still play? I guess it's possible...
    Were you aware that there's frequently a jersey change after the media session ends? It's a game Saban has played for years...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Kenny Bell closer to return

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    I have no inside information that you couldn't get if you ran into Kenny yourself. He didn't share with me any details as we talked.

BUT.....he looked good on Wed. If I didn't know any better I would have no idea he broke his leg. That said, walking is a lot different than running and playing in a football game.
    Don't you go getting me excited.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

If ND thinks they can play two safeties deep with Coop and Bell running deep routes, the running lanes should be open for Lacy and Yeldon.
    RTR!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Did he break his ankle or leg? I broke my ankle in high school playing football and I would be amazed if he could come back in this short time. Not saying he can't but I sure couldn't have. If it were a bone in his leg I wouldn't have any idea...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMark. View Post
    Did he break his ankle or leg? I broke my ankle in high school playing football and I would be amazed if he could come back in this short time. Not saying he can't but I sure couldn't have. If it were a bone in his leg I wouldn't have any idea...
    It was the fibula (non weight-bearing) bone. Best one to break, if one has to break one...

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Has ND play anyone with this many weapons at one time? Maybe if they used their whole schedule.

Accounting for Bell, if he plays, will be a daunting task.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It was the fibula (non weight-bearing) bone. Best one to break, if one has to break one...
    Thanks, it would obviously be huge if he could contribute in this game...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMark. View Post
    Thanks, it would obviously be huge if he could contribute in this game...
    As to your earlier comment about your ankle, if the fibula breaks down at the attachment to the ankle, then it is considered a type of ankle break, and there's usually associated ligament and/or tendon damage. Once again, I'd be surprised if this is the case with KB, or he wouldn't have had a chance of getting back this early. Like GA, I don't have any inside info...