Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Kenny Bell closer to return

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Has ND play anyone with this many weapons at one time? Maybe if they used their whole schedule.

Accounting for Bell, if he plays, will be a daunting task.
    I can`t think of who it would have been. They struggled with some teams with far less talent and depth than Bama. Matter of fact, I think that the teams that we struggled with were more talented.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Kenny Bell closer to return

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I can`t think of who it would have been. They struggled with some teams with far less talent and depth than Bama. Matter of fact, I think that the teams that we struggled with were more talented.
    And they were highly ranked. Kenny Bell makes you play off the line off scrimmage because he's so fast. I knew he would be the unsung hero from his play last season. You combine his speed with all of the others, including Norwood and those backs coming out of the backfield, wow.
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Were you aware that there's frequently a jersey change after the media session ends? It's a game Saban has played for years...

I hope that's what's going on here!!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamieSPC View Post
    It was awful... I was 16 though and got through it. Was very blessed to have an excellent surgeon in Florence back then who was willing to try anything to save the lower leg... I've been told a lesser doc might have elected to take it. I had a lot of exposure and a pretty ragged break, and infection was constant.

Always think of Pro when this comes up...

I wonder if all the talk is similar to the Black situation in the SECCG, just one more thing for ND to think about. Fine by me.
    Glad you are doing well. I just had the surgery at the beginnning of 2011. I can't run well right now, but I can do almost everything else that I need to be able to do. I was lucky and didn't have too much trouble with infections which seems to be the biggest issue with that type of injury. If I recall correctly that was the major problem with Prothro's recovery. It's amazing how many advancements they've made in orthopedic procedures...even since the Prothro injury which was just seven or so years ago.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

They showed a clip of him on a long route on one of the local news (Huntsville) stations yesterday. He was certainly slower than full speed with a significant limp in his gait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    They showed a clip of him on a long route on one of the local news (Huntsville) stations yesterday. He was certainly slower than full speed with a significant limp in his gait.

Ouch! Not good...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post

Where was he in the clip?
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Ouch! Not good...
    I may be mistaken, but I have the impression that we`re getting differing assessments. The one like Snuffy posts, then a report that he`s running good routes, good speed, etc.

I may be mistaken, but I have the impression that we`re getting differing assessments. The one like Snuffy posts, then a report that he`s running good routes, good speed, etc.
    Well, I expect CNS to keep them guessing...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My guess is not many people really know. The girl in the corner is hot to one guy, but not another. KB running routes is probably the same way; some think he's improved; others not so much. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, so I'm just going to assume he doesn't play.

12. January 4th, 2013, 11:27 AM

BamaNation First Team fundytide's Avatar

If ND thinks they can play two safeties deep with Coop and Bell running deep routes, the running lanes should be open for Lacy and Yeldon
    And we may have plenty of room for our TE's to get free underneath too. There's been a lot of talk about how Bama will handle Eifert but if we can go 2 TE sets with Cooper and Bell wide, I think our TE's could be the difference in the game. If we can burn them once or twice over the top early on a deep pass, ND's defense could get loosened up for the run AND the TE in the flat.

Just saw Kenny in yesterday's high lights, wow, just wow! Very impressed with where he is at on recovery. Watch Barrett and he looks good to me. Roll Tide!!!!
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    - General George Patton

Let me post this reminder about rumor policy. It applies to injuries as well as coaching changes, etc. If you feel comfortable with your source and are willing to state the connection (not name the person), so the board can evaluate its probity, then post it. Do not post blanket statements with no support at all. When the relationship is stated, the reliability most often falls apart (3rd hand through a cousin who's "close" to the team). BTW, stuff from other bulletin boards are not "sourced."