Link: Kenny Bell closer to return

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hopefully we keep 'em healthy next year because I can't remember a time where we've had 3 legitimate and game-action proven over-the-top threats like Cooper, Bell, and White. Black could be a fourth and Christion Jones is probably going to have the light come on soon like Bell and White this year.
You know, we've suffered some real injury body blows this year in the skill positions. It's just so wild that we could absorb them and get where we are...

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Whew, makes me nervous thinking about it.

The only experience I have personally is breaking both, and compound at that. Obviously that was traumatic. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to imagine.

Would love to see him out there, but I'll just draw up into a ball if he carries...
I've done the same which is why I get nervous when I think about him playing in this game.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I've done the same which is why I get nervous when I think about him playing in this game.
It was awful... I was 16 though and got through it. Was very blessed to have an excellent surgeon in Florence back then who was willing to try anything to save the lower leg... I've been told a lesser doc might have elected to take it. I had a lot of exposure and a pretty ragged break, and infection was constant.

Always think of Pro when this comes up...

I wonder if all the talk is similar to the Black situation in the SECCG, just one more thing for ND to think about. Fine by me.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It was awful... I was 16 though and got through it. Was very blessed to have an excellent surgeon in Florence back then who was willing to try anything to save the lower leg... I've been told a lesser doc might have elected to take it. I had a lot of exposure and a pretty ragged break, and infection was constant.

Always think of Pro when this comes up...

I wonder if all the talk is similar to the Black situation in the SECCG, just one more thing for ND to think about. Fine by me.
I naturally thought of Pro when you described it. You were lucky, particularly with your ortho surgeon...

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
The key will be if his speed is there. I don't think ND even has anything they can do to scheme for him considering the attention Cooper requires in addition to the run game. He's going to get man coverage either way and he's going to need his speed to burn them. A 50-75% Bell might not be the player we need.
No but a 90 to 95% Bell might be. And that would mean another ring for Bell! Ring MY Bell!!!! ;)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
No but a 90 to 95% Bell might be. And that would mean another ring for Bell! Ring MY Bell!!!! ;)
Just got to say it. Wouldn`t it be great to see us trot out, a couple of times, a set with Coop and Bell flanked out on one side and Black on the other? Won`t happen I`m sure, but it`s fun to think about! Talk about a mad scramble in the ND secondary!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just got to say it. Wouldn`t it be great to see us trot out, a couple of times, a set with Coop and Bell flanked out on one side and Black on the other? Won`t happen I`m sure, but it`s fun to think about! Talk about a mad scramble in the ND secondary!
IF we see Black (and that's a big "if"), I would think he would be second rotation for speed depth. Bell, OTOH, if healthy enough, would start opposite Coop...

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
In the practice photos, Kenny is wearing a black jersey. Great that he's practicing, but if he's not cleared for contact in practice, would he still play? I guess it's possible...

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I have no inside information that you couldn't get if you ran into Kenny yourself. He didn't share with me any details as we talked.

BUT.....he looked good on Wed. If I didn't know any better I would have no idea he broke his leg. That said, walking is a lot different than running and playing in a football game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In the practice photos, Kenny is wearing a black jersey. Great that he's practicing, but if he's not cleared for contact in practice, would he still play? I guess it's possible...
Were you aware that there's frequently a jersey change after the media session ends? It's a game Saban has played for years...

I have no inside information that you couldn't get if you ran into Kenny yourself. He didn't share with me any details as we talked.

BUT.....he looked good on Wed. If I didn't know any better I would have no idea he broke his leg. That said, walking is a lot different than running and playing in a football game.
Don't you go getting me excited.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
If ND thinks they can play two safeties deep with Coop and Bell running deep routes, the running lanes should be open for Lacy and Yeldon.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Did he break his ankle or leg? I broke my ankle in high school playing football and I would be amazed if he could come back in this short time. Not saying he can't but I sure couldn't have. If it were a bone in his leg I wouldn't have any idea...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Did he break his ankle or leg? I broke my ankle in high school playing football and I would be amazed if he could come back in this short time. Not saying he can't but I sure couldn't have. If it were a bone in his leg I wouldn't have any idea...
It was the fibula (non weight-bearing) bone. Best one to break, if one has to break one...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Thanks, it would obviously be huge if he could contribute in this game...
As to your earlier comment about your ankle, if the fibula breaks down at the attachment to the ankle, then it is considered a type of ankle break, and there's usually associated ligament and/or tendon damage. Once again, I'd be surprised if this is the case with KB, or he wouldn't have had a chance of getting back this early. Like GA, I don't have any inside info...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Has ND play anyone with this many weapons at one time? Maybe if they used their whole schedule.

Accounting for Bell, if he plays, will be a daunting task.
I can`t think of who it would have been. They struggled with some teams with far less talent and depth than Bama. Matter of fact, I think that the teams that we struggled with were more talented.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.