Link: Kenny Bell closer to return

I can`t think of who it would have been. They struggled with some teams with far less talent and depth than Bama. Matter of fact, I think that the teams that we struggled with were more talented.
And they were highly ranked. Kenny Bell makes you play off the line off scrimmage because he's so fast. I knew he would be the unsung hero from his play last season. You combine his speed with all of the others, including Norwood and those backs coming out of the backfield, wow.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
It was awful... I was 16 though and got through it. Was very blessed to have an excellent surgeon in Florence back then who was willing to try anything to save the lower leg... I've been told a lesser doc might have elected to take it. I had a lot of exposure and a pretty ragged break, and infection was constant.

Always think of Pro when this comes up...

I wonder if all the talk is similar to the Black situation in the SECCG, just one more thing for ND to think about. Fine by me.
Glad you are doing well. I just had the surgery at the beginnning of 2011. I can't run well right now, but I can do almost everything else that I need to be able to do. I was lucky and didn't have too much trouble with infections which seems to be the biggest issue with that type of injury. If I recall correctly that was the major problem with Prothro's recovery. It's amazing how many advancements they've made in orthopedic procedures...even since the Prothro injury which was just seven or so years ago.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
They showed a clip of him on a long route on one of the local news (Huntsville) stations yesterday. He was certainly slower than full speed with a significant limp in his gait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I may be mistaken, but I have the impression that we`re getting differing assessments. The one like Snuffy posts, then a report that he`s running good routes, good speed, etc.
My guess is not many people really know. The girl in the corner is hot to one guy, but not another. KB running routes is probably the same way; some think he's improved; others not so much. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, so I'm just going to assume he doesn't play.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
If ND thinks they can play two safeties deep with Coop and Bell running deep routes, the running lanes should be open for Lacy and Yeldon
And we may have plenty of room for our TE's to get free underneath too. There's been a lot of talk about how Bama will handle Eifert but if we can go 2 TE sets with Cooper and Bell wide, I think our TE's could be the difference in the game. If we can burn them once or twice over the top early on a deep pass, ND's defense could get loosened up for the run AND the TE in the flat.

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006
Just saw Kenny in yesterday's high lights, wow, just wow! Very impressed with where he is at on recovery. Watch Barrett and he looks good to me. Roll Tide!!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Let me post this reminder about rumor policy. It applies to injuries as well as coaching changes, etc. If you feel comfortable with your source and are willing to state the connection (not name the person), so the board can evaluate its probity, then post it. Do not post blanket statements with no support at all. When the relationship is stated, the reliability most often falls apart (3rd hand through a cousin who's "close" to the team). BTW, stuff from other bulletin boards are not "sourced."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
From the practice reports, Bell would appear to be at least 95%, so he is very likely to play. It really does change the face of the game quite a bit...

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Glad you are doing well. I just had the surgery at the beginnning of 2011. I can't run well right now, but I can do almost everything else that I need to be able to do. I was lucky and didn't have too much trouble with infections which seems to be the biggest issue with that type of injury. If I recall correctly that was the major problem with Prothro's recovery. It's amazing how many advancements they've made in orthopedic procedures...even since the Prothro injury which was just seven or so years ago.
Aw man. Hope you're better soon. I'm 40 now, so my injury was almost 25 (!!!) years ago. At the time, external fixation (putting the rod on the outside rather than inside) wasn't common practice. That's what Dr. Jeffreys did for me. That way, it saved a second surgery and there was less chance of getting infection from the rod itself. But the wounds for the bone screws had to be cleaned every few days, and the main wound from the fracture was a nightmare. I didn't walk for 6 months, was on crutches for months after that. But once I got rehab going, I recovered quickly. Ah, to be 16 again!

These days, I walk and even run fine, though I prefer low-impact (like ellipticals)... my biggest problem, oddly enough, was a development issue. There I was right in the middle of growing up; I think I missed out on having strong knees and ankles and have had stability problems as a result.

Best of luck for your recovery, and back on topic: Starting to get excited about KBELL!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.