Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

At least one Gator Player has my respect..Well done Darrin..Players like you make college football the greatest sport on the planet..Win or lose..Always represent your school with class & pride..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

He was the only one there?!? Wow!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

Having played in the MDB back in the day, I can't tell you how depressing it is to have to sit in the stand and play songs and such after a tough loss. You have to keep your bearing and fight through the desire to just walk out.

Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    He was the only one there?!? Wow!!!!
    Yup..Pretty sad..I think what he did was awesome..Took a lot of guts & pride..Dude has my respect..

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Yup..Pretty sad..I think what he did was awesome..Took a lot of guts & pride..Dude has my respect..
    Says he didn't even play in the game, but still took the time out. I'm sure the band liked it. It just shows you what kind of night it was for UF.

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Having played in the MDB back in the day, I can't tell you how depressing it is to have to sit in the stand and play songs and such after a tough loss. You have to keep your bearing and fight through the desire to just walk out.
    My old high school coach, win or lose, made us sing our Alma Mater when our band played it after every game..You're 100% correct..It was tough too do after a loss..But..I'm grateful now he taught us how to lose with dignity..Growing older you realize just how big of a life lesson it was he was teaching us..

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wow! Very cool of Kitchens. Hats off. on TideFans.com

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

Wow... That's a guy who has it right. I tear up at sports stories (my weakness), and he showed more heart in that one moment then his team did all night... He needs to be commended...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Is that the beat the program can do?

BamaNation All-SEC JAXFLBAMAFAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    My old high school coach, win or lose, made us sing our Alma Mater when our band played it after every game..You're 100% correct..It was tough too do after a loss..But..I'm grateful now he taught us how to lose with dignity..Growing older you realize just how big of a life lesson it was he was teaching us..

In the words of my Dad....Son, somebody's got to lose.
    "I wanna play for you Bear."
    "It don't cost nothin to be nice." Bear Bryant

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

with his sense of pride and want-to, probably he and some of his like minded friends could have played which may have produced a different result.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation All-American

I don't know how hard it is to stay around after a loss like that - I was in the band in high school and we always played after the game was over. I don't even remember if any of the players from the team sang, win or lose.

I'm going to keep my respect for this guy but not pass judgement on the rest of the team. I can't begin to imagine what they were going through.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Good on him.

Says quite a lot about him, but says even more about his teammates.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'