Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 31
  1. #14
    BamaNation All-SEC ROLLTRIBE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida via Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    That right there is what its all about. God bless him.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #15
    BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    10,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    Big props to him. I would take him on our team anytime.
    "They're not better than us," Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick said of the Tide. "They're better than everyone."

  4. #16
    BamaNation All-SEC Craxycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Good on him.

    Says quite a lot about him, but says even more about his teammates.
    Chipper Jones was disgusted about the whole team's performance on twitter...I think he took some hits for his stance, but he said as a lifelong UF fan he was disappointed in the team's demeanor throughout the game. I think FL was on top for a while and now they are getting into the trenches...where is Tebow when you need him *grin*

    Good for this young man, he at least felt (I suppose) that they were playing for something.

  5. #17
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    17,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

    A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    Quote Originally Posted by Craxycat View Post
    Chipper Jones was disgusted about the whole team's performance on twitter...I think he took some hits for his stance, but he said as a lifelong UF fan he was disappointed in the team's demeanor throughout the game. I think FL was on top for a while and now they are getting into the trenches...where is Tebow when you need him *grin*

    Good for this young man, he at least felt (I suppose) that they were playing for something.
    In the locker of the Jaguars...
    ROLL TIDE!

  6. #18
    BamaNation All-American Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    Thanks for this thread and the positive comments.

    I am very proud of Darrin and very grateful for his demonstration of pride and respect for our team and program.

    Darrin has played in most of our games this season and was a starter in the FSU game. He played in all our games last year. He is a Junior and hopefully will be one of the players who will be instrumental in providing the type of role model we need to turn around the culture at Florida.

    I took a look yesterday at where we stand in the conference with penalties and we are at the top with Bama at the bottom. It's hard to believe we have not resolved this issue in our program by this time with Coach Muschamp finishing his second full season at head coach. Most of these penalties are not personal fouls but enough of them are that we need to do a complete 180 from where we are right now in terms of player attitude and culture.

    Kudos to Coach Saban and the Bama program for once again setting the standard.

    As a disciple of Coach Saban, I trust that Coach Muschamp is not happy with this negative aspect of our program and will work hard to turn things around next season. I look forward to that and hope my friends at Bama will bear with us as we head back in the right direction.

    Florida does not want to be put into the thug category. It's not who we are. It's very embarrassing when we have players who don't get it - and as far as I am concerned they can just move on and we will be all the better for it.

    We need more Darrin Kitchens. Thanks Darrin. In all kinds of weather....

  7. #19
    BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alabaster, AL.
    Posts
    4,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    This says a lot about this young man. God bless him.

  8. #20
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga, USA
    Posts
    14,876
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Thanks for this thread and the positive comments.

    I am very proud of Darrin and very grateful for his demonstration of pride and respect for our team and program.

    Darrin has played in most of our games this season and was a starter in the FSU game. He played in all our games last year. He is a Junior and hopefully will be one of the players who will be instrumental in providing the type of role model we need to turn around the culture at Florida.

    I took a look yesterday at where we stand in the conference with penalties and we are at the top with Bama at the bottom. It's hard to believe we have not resolved this issue in our program by this time with Coach Muschamp finishing his second full season at head coach. Most of these penalties are not personal fouls but enough of them are that we need to do a complete 180 from where we are right now in terms of player attitude and culture.

    Kudos to Coach Saban and the Bama program for once again setting the standard.

    As a disciple of Coach Saban, I trust that Coach Muschamp is not happy with this negative aspect of our program and will work hard to turn things around next season. I look forward to that and hope my friends at Bama will bear with us as we head back in the right direction.

    Florida does not want to be put into the thug category. It's not who we are. It's very embarrassing when we have players who don't get it - and as far as I am concerned they can just move on and we will be all the better for it.

    We need more Darrin Kitchens. Thanks Darrin. In all kinds of weather....
    i hope muschamp has a good spring and summer this year. personally, i am much happier with florida and usc atop the east and jawjuh on the outside looking in.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

    -Bertrand Russell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  9. #21
    Administrator crimsonaudio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    20,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    Speaking of penalties, it's nothing new in Gainesville - here are the NCAA penalties per game rankings for UF since Urban Meyer invented penalties:
    2012: 113th
    2011: 114th
    2010: 106th
    2009: 85th
    2008: 105th
    2007: 113th
    2006: 118th
    2005: 104th
    avg: 107th

    By way of comparison, here's 'Bama since CNS arrived:
    2012: 6th
    2011: 3rd
    2010: 24th
    2009: 17th
    2008: 5th
    2007: 5th
    avg: 10th
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

    Lurch Backwater!

  10. #22
    BamaNation All-American Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i hope muschamp has a good spring and summer this year. personally, i am much happier with florida and usc atop the east and jawjuh on the outside looking in.
    Thanks 92.

    I couldn't agree more.

    Those Dawgs.....

  11. #23
    BamaNation All-American Bazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Speaking of penalties, it's nothing new in Gainesville - here are the NCAA penalties per game rankings for UF since Urban Meyer invented penalties:
    2012: 113th
    2011: 114th
    2010: 106th
    2009: 85th
    2008: 105th
    2007: 113th
    2006: 118th
    2005: 104th
    avg: 107th

    By way of comparison, here's 'Bama since CNS arrived:
    2012: 6th
    2011: 3rd
    2010: 24th
    2009: 17th
    2008: 5th
    2007: 5th
    avg: 10th
    Thanks for those stats.

    It's disgraceful from a sportsmanship perspective....something I and the majority of Gators really do care a lot about.

    And it impacts the outcome of the game.

    I truly hope Coach Muschamp gets it turned around next season.

  12. #24
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    What this young man did was courageous and noteworthy but to change the topic, I have never been a fan of the band doing the Alma Mater after the game. It is particularly depressing after a loss...I cringe even thinking about some of my past experiences.

    To each their own I suppose.

  13. #25
    BamaNation First Team jcabama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Cochran, GA
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    About the only UF player displaying class all night! What a thuggery display.

  14. #26
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
    Posts
    2,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

    And THAT is the Florida Gators team, season, and fanbase magnified in one sad, yet inspirational moment.
    Lousy fan support, players doing their own thing, and in the end only one cared enough to partake in the team "tradition."
    Reminds me of the scene in "Rudy" where the coach tells him "I wish God would put your heart in some of my players bodies."

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!