Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    What this young man did was courageous and noteworthy but to change the topic, I have never been a fan of the band doing the Alma Mater after the game. It is particularly depressing after a loss...I cringe even thinking about some of my past experiences.

To each their own I suppose.
    It's to keep things in perspective I guess. Even in a loss, it's good to show sportsmanship and school pride. To me, it's the same thing as shaking hands with the opponent after a game.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC TheCrimsonLiver's Avatar

Re: A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

A beacon of fortitude and character where none was to be found.
    Beer is good food! Yagerbomb the nectar of the gods!

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    It's to keep things in perspective I guess. Even in a loss, it's good to show sportsmanship and school pride. To me, it's the same thing as shaking hands with the opponent after a game.
    It is one thing to shake a mans hand and tell him congratulations. It is another thing to stand around 150 guys and look at the band for 5 minutes while they play a song, and you are still trying to collect your thoughts, emotions, etc.

Just not a fan...

I also see how an outsider might view it but very few colleagues of mine (coaches) actually like it either.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    Wow... That's a guy who has it right. I tear up at sports stories (my weakness), and he showed more heart in that one moment then his team did all night... He needs to be commended...
    I have the same problem with breasteses, but I digress...
    RIP Hub

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

A Florida Player Stays To Sing His Final Alma Mater Of The Season All By Himself

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Speaking of penalties, it's nothing new in Gainesville - here are the NCAA penalties per game rankings for UF since Urban Meyer invented penalties:
    2012: 113th
    2011: 114th
    2010: 106th
    2009: 85th
    2008: 105th
    2007: 113th
    2006: 118th
    2005: 104th
    avg: 107th

By way of comparison, here's 'Bama since CNS arrived:
    2012: 6th
    2011: 3rd
    2010: 24th
    2009: 17th
    2008: 5th
    2007: 5th
    avg: 10th
    That's a big discrepancy. It's a wonder they didn't penalize themselves out of more games this season.
    ROLL TIDE!