Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Heading down to Miami

We are on the way to see the tide play! . Near Gainesville now.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

2. Advertisement

Buddy at the Fort Lauderdale gate in Atlanta said there are a lot more Bama fans than ND
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

BamaNation Second Team Born2Roll's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Roll Tide! Cheer a little louder for those of us that can't make it.
    "There's a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success." -- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Heading down to Miami

At the Fontainebleau. Absolutely amazing here. Meet a few players. Really good young men. Prices here are out of control!

My girlfriend has a new crush. She went from Mark Ingram to Trent to AJ and now Dee Hart. He needs to keep his shirt on! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide13 View Post
    At the Fontainebleau.
    Is it all Bama fans or are their some confused looking Europeans?? NIU fans said it was hilarious seeing the confused European tourists looking at the NIU fans like they were insane for wearing the same colors and outfits.
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Heading down to Miami

A mix of everything. Majority of Tide fans though. The Rich British people get it. They are very nice too. The ones confused and "stuck up" are the Italians and Russians.

A mix of everything. Majority of Tide fans though. The Rich British people get it. They are very nice too. The ones confused and "stuck up" are the Italians and Russians.
    Dealing with Italians in airports can be very interesting sometimes. Years ago, my wife and I had flown out to Crested Butte to ski and we landed at the same time as a charter of Italians. It's little airport and there wasn't any baggage carousel, just a long stainless ramp separated from the outside with a heavy rubber curtain, cut into strips, to separate us waiting from the outside frigidity. First, the Italians pushed past the Americans. Then, they started climbing the ramp, pushing through the curtain and outside to claim their baggage and skis right off the carts. I wish I'd had a camera handy to record the looks on the Americans' faces. There was a door down to our left to the outside. If they were that antsy to get their stuff, they could have just gone out the door and circled around back - much easier than climbing a slippery ramp. (Some of them did fall.)
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

I'd love to see the look on their faces when the Bama lineman walk by. Have any of them taken pics with the players or bought Bama gear? Would be cool to see. Thanks again for the updates

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Heading down to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Dealing with Italians in airports can be very interesting sometimes. Years ago, my wife and I had flown out to Crested Butte to ski and we landed at the same time as a charter of Italians. It's little airport and there wasn't any baggage carousel, just a long stainless ramp separated from the outside with a heavy rubber curtain, cut into strips, to separate us waiting from the outside frigidity. First, the Italians pushed past the Americans. Then, they started climbing the ramp, pushing through the curtain and outside to claim their baggage and skis right off the carts. I wish I'd had a camera handy to record the looks on the Americans' faces. There was a door down to our left to the outside. If they were that antsy to get their stuff, they could have just gone out the door and circled around back - much easier than climbing a slippery ramp. (Some of them did fall.)
    They are a strange people...some of the men should wear more clothes too...gross!

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Heading down to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE-BAMA View Post
    I'd love to see the look on their faces when the Bama lineman walk by. Have any of them taken pics with the players or bought Bama gear? Would be cool to see. Thanks again for the updates
    I'm about 5'10" 180 lbs. Ive shook Fluker's hand a few times. He looks like a monster in a bathing suite! I felt like a school girl.

They are all happily taking autographs. I hate bothering them...

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Heading down to Miami

Just arrived in beautiful Deerfield Beach. 78 degrees. 12 hour trip from T-Town.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I hate you! (not literally)

You are right, there is nothing like a Bama game. The first game of the year every year is generally the biggest and most fun for me. You have all those months you have waited for Bama to play then it's finally there. I always enjoy them no matter the opponent.

Be safe and have fun (I'm pretty sure you will keep busy).