Just landed in Ft. Lauderdale
If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"
'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs
“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus
"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
WOW, what a difference 24 hours makes. The friends we're staying with apparently know some rich guys, cause we've been invited to watch the game from a suite 215, by the 40 yard line! If this does happen, I'm gonna be posting my tickets on the tickets page, and no, it won't be anywhere near what people are asking for them. My wife and I know how hard it was to buy tickets this year (paid $2500) and both said that if we were ever in a sellers position, we wouldn't sell them for that much. Wish us luck!
Driving down from our home (Boca Raton) to check out the scene at South Beach, stop by the Clevelander for the Bama party. I do not expect to be pelted with beads, doused with beer or serenaded by obscenities like last year on Bourbon Street (and that was daytime).
"Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."
Well I gotta tell you:
1) My best Bama buddy in Ms went to one game last year when we first played LSU(Lost)
2) I went to one game last year, the Natl Chp game(Won)
3) My same Bama buddy has been to one game this year when we played Texas A&M(Lost)
So as you can guess I told him it is up to me once again to correct his mistake!ha
Left Jackson MS on Thursday and have stayed with family in Pensacola and now Deland Fla.
4 hour drive tomorrow and will be in Miami, can't wait to get there and be around my fellow Tide Fans!!RTR!!
1) It looks like all the "official bcs merchandise" is crap. By that I mean the groups doing the official ordering for all the BCS events ordered the EXACT same colors for NIU and Alabama, because it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off any alabama red/crimson I've ever seen. And I don't mean the corner stores selling stuff, I mean the officially licensed, BCS licensed stores that are set up. It's ridiculous.
2) The pep rally today started an hour earlier (@4pm, not 5pm, as advertised) so a few hundred fans that showed up for the last 15 minutes of the show, instead of early. That made me a sad panda.
"She is the last of her kind, she thought. No wars had ever touched her, and she had lived through three; nothing had disturbed that world of hers, where gentlemen smoked on the porch or in hammocks, where ladies fanned themselves gently and drank cool water." - Jean Louise Finch describing her aunt in 'Go Set a Watchman'