Heading down to Miami

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
A mix of everything. Majority of Tide fans though. The Rich British people get it. They are very nice too. The ones confused and "stuck up" are the Italians and Russians.
I'd love to see the look on their faces when the Bama lineman walk by. Have any of them taken pics with the players or bought Bama gear? Would be cool to see. Thanks again for the updates

CrimsonTide13

Suspended
Aug 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Dealing with Italians in airports can be very interesting sometimes. Years ago, my wife and I had flown out to Crested Butte to ski and we landed at the same time as a charter of Italians. It's little airport and there wasn't any baggage carousel, just a long stainless ramp separated from the outside with a heavy rubber curtain, cut into strips, to separate us waiting from the outside frigidity. First, the Italians pushed past the Americans. Then, they started climbing the ramp, pushing through the curtain and outside to claim their baggage and skis right off the carts. I wish I'd had a camera handy to record the looks on the Americans' faces. There was a door down to our left to the outside. If they were that antsy to get their stuff, they could have just gone out the door and circled around back - much easier than climbing a slippery ramp. (Some of them did fall.)
They are a strange people...some of the men should wear more clothes too...gross!

CrimsonTide13

Suspended
Aug 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
I'd love to see the look on their faces when the Bama lineman walk by. Have any of them taken pics with the players or bought Bama gear? Would be cool to see. Thanks again for the updates
I'm about 5'10" 180 lbs. Ive shook Fluker's hand a few times. He looks like a monster in a bathing suite! I felt like a school girl.

They are all happily taking autographs. I hate bothering them...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I hate you! (not literally)

You are right, there is nothing like a Bama game. The first game of the year every year is generally the biggest and most fun for me. You have all those months you have waited for Bama to play then it's finally there. I always enjoy them no matter the opponent.

Be safe and have fun (I'm pretty sure you will keep busy).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Reminds of the this line from 30 Rock... "With real estate there are no rules. It's like check-in at an Italian airport."
English and Americans queue up by tradition and nature. Germans are pretty bad to push past. In the Swiss ski resorts, they usually have a "vee" shaped area for skiers approaching the lifts, instead of corridors, like in the US. It's sort of like what they use to funnel cattle in for slaughter. Everyone just shuffles forward. It helps your speed if you use your elbows a bit. It's a terrible system. One year, I was approaching with my daughter, early 20s at the time, and she's not very big. Some big German guy kept pushing past her and she finally lost it and too her pole and planted right on top of the tip of his brand-new shiny skis. His eyes got round as saucers, but he let her go ahead...

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
WOW, what a difference 24 hours makes. The friends we're staying with apparently know some rich guys, cause we've been invited to watch the game from a suite 215, by the 40 yard line! If this does happen, I'm gonna be posting my tickets on the tickets page, and no, it won't be anywhere near what people are asking for them. My wife and I know how hard it was to buy tickets this year (paid $2500) and both said that if we were ever in a sellers position, we wouldn't sell them for that much. Wish us luck!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
WOW, what a difference 24 hours makes. The friends we're staying with apparently know some rich guys, cause we've been invited to watch the game from a suite 215, by the 40 yard line! If this does happen, I'm gonna be posting my tickets on the tickets page, and no, it won't be anywhere near what people are asking for them. My wife and I know how hard it was to buy tickets this year (paid $2500) and both said that if we were ever in a sellers position, we wouldn't sell them for that much. Wish us luck!
Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4thGenBamaGrad

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007
Boca Raton, FL
Driving down from our home (Boca Raton) to check out the scene at South Beach, stop by the Clevelander for the Bama party. I do not expect to be pelted with beads, doused with beer or serenaded by obscenities like last year on Bourbon Street (and that was daytime).

RTR!!!

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
Well I gotta tell you:
1) My best Bama buddy in Ms went to one game last year when we first played LSU(Lost)
2) I went to one game last year, the Natl Chp game(Won)
3) My same Bama buddy has been to one game this year when we played Texas A&M(Lost)
So as you can guess I told him it is up to me once again to correct his mistake!ha
Left Jackson MS on Thursday and have stayed with family in Pensacola and now Deland Fla.
4 hour drive tomorrow and will be in Miami, can't wait to get there and be around my fellow Tide Fans!!RTR!!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Driving down from our home (Boca Raton) to check out the scene at South Beach, stop by the Clevelander for the Bama party. I do not expect to be pelted with beads, doused with beer or serenaded by obscenities like last year on Bourbon Street (and that was daytime).

RTR!!!
I spent most of my day at the Clevelander. Disappointing news so far is...

1) It looks like all the "official bcs merchandise" is crap. By that I mean the groups doing the official ordering for all the BCS events ordered the EXACT same colors for NIU and Alabama, because it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off any alabama red/crimson I've ever seen. And I don't mean the corner stores selling stuff, I mean the officially licensed, BCS licensed stores that are set up. It's ridiculous.

2) The pep rally today started an hour earlier (@4pm, not 5pm, as advertised) so a few hundred fans that showed up for the last 15 minutes of the show, instead of early. That made me a sad panda.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.