Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bowl Season this far

As we draw to a close, how have you all enjoyed this bowl season? I think it has been ok. It's not the best post season we've have had, but not the worst either, though it is up there. I hope that it gets a lot better soon. Roll Tide!
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement

Re: Bowl Season this far

It was ok. I only watched the tail end of the LSU game and then a quarter or so of the game last night. Once bowl season gets here, I am burned out on football and only care to watch Bama play.

Now when football starts up in the fall, I will watch any game that is on. Haha.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The biggest problem this year and every year is that there are too many bowls, period.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I would have to give them a weak "C" at best. I have watched the LSU vs Clemson game, the entire game. Bits and pieces of the USCe and UGA games and some of the Texas vs Oregon State game. That is it. Seems the matchups get worse every year. Oh, some of the USCw game, not that I was interested in the game but to see Kiffin suck it.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

I think I said in another thread that the BSC basically sucked the life out of all the bowls, including the BSC bowls, because the teams are just playing for the highest ratings possible at the beginning of the next season. Before the BSC, a team had a chance of clawing its way to the top, with a good bowl performance, depending on which teams above lost. That's no longer true. As a result, ticket sales have taken it on the chin. It's a good thing the TV income is offsetting...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by derek4tide View Post
    The biggest problem this year and every year is that there are too many bowls, period.
    Considering the great football famine that is about to hit, I strongly disagree.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

I've enjoyed the bowls and have watched a little bit of almost every one.

The only thing I don't like about the BCS bowls is the starting time. Damn Im not that old but I'm falling asleep in the 3rd quarter
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

There can never be enough bowl games. The more the merrier.
    Most of the time I don't even care who is playing. It is a football game.
    When I was younger, school was out for Christmas break and there was a game on almost every night. What more could I have asked for?
    I do agree the BCS is watering down the importance of the games and conference champions.
    It seems to be "national title or bust" for most teams and fans now.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE-BAMA View Post
    I've enjoyed the bowls and have watched a little bit of almost every one.

The only thing I don't like about the BCS bowls is the starting time. Damn Im not that old but I'm falling asleep in the 3rd quarter
    I agree, but I will be up late on Monday night . I have already scheduled a half day off from work. Yes, I am preparing for me hangover

I have enjoyed the bowl games, and I look forward to the HS recruit games today and tomorrow. I love football - I'll gladly watch a "bad" game over just about anything else that might be on television.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bowl Season this far

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    It was ok. I only watched the tail end of the LSU game and then a quarter or so of the game last night. Once bowl season gets here, I am burned out on football and only care to watch Bama play.

Now when football starts up in the fall, I will watch any game that is on. Haha.
    You've been missing lately... Haven't seen you on.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post

Same here. Have not watched one bowl game so far.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

There are way too many bowl games now. They used to be a reward for a job well done. Now they're a reward for being...well, average. Next time your high-schooler brings home a C on their report card...be sure and give 'em a reward.
    When you have two "average" teams playing each other, that's what you're gonna get..."average" football. UT's Mack Brown's halftime comments during their bowl game were telling. He said "we can't block these guys". Well they couldn't tackle 'em either. Blocking and tackling...isn't that fundamental football? Isn't that the same problem they had three years ago? I would think the headcoach would fix that. So many teams, coaches, and fans, from pee-wee through high school and college have sacrificed fundamentals for speed. "You can't tackle". "We don't care... we'll outscore 'em". "You can't block". "We don't care...just get in the way long enough for our QB to through to our speedy receivers". IOW...you don't halve to do it right...you just halve to do it fast.

Some teams try to be exciting and hope they're good. Those teams play in other bowls. Some teams try to be good and hope they're exciting. Those teams are playing Jan. 7th.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant