Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Re: Bowl Season this far

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Considering the great football famine that is about to hit, I strongly disagree.
    +1

I refer to the time period from post super bowl to college kick off as the "Black Hole of Television". This time of year I'm like a squirrel preparing for winter. I watch all I can to fatten up so I can survive the lean months.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

“I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at”
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

i'd have to say this has been a pretty weak bowl season. I love football and watch all of them however the awful play by some of these teams was hard to swallow. Thats a direct result of having too many teams though. I remember when there were actually some good teams playing good football before Jan 1

BamaNation All-American

Bowl Season this far

To me it's all about the match ups although you can run out of decent teams at some point.

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Capital One Bowl and Sugar Bowl were the best so far in my opinion. I didn't see the Rose Bowl, but I heard there was a lot of defense in that one. Outback Bowl was good as well.

Overall it's not the best year for bowl games, but it's pretty good. I think if they limited the number of bowl games anywhere from 12-15, it would be a lot more interesting and entertaining.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

I for one like a lot of bowl games because of what has already been said that after Monday January 7th we won't have anymore college football to enjoy until I think the end of August. It is a very long off season. I would have liked seeing better match ups in some of the bowl games though. Roll Tide!

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Bowl Season this far

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    Capital One Bowl and Sugar Bowl were the best so far in my opinion. I didn't see the Rose Bowl, but I heard there was a lot of defense in that one. Outback Bowl was good as well.

Overall it's not the best year for bowl games, but it's pretty good. I think if they limited the number of bowl games anywhere from 12-15, it would be a lot more interesting and entertaining.
    Sugar Bowl? Seriously. That was a massacre. Final score did not indicate how that game went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

That's the reason I liked it, because many people thought Florida would just glide through to a victory. I was surprised to see Louisville take it to the Gators. Also I have family and friends who are Louisville fans and they were pretty happy with the win.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

I loved the New Mexico Bowl myself.Arizonas comeback was one for the ages.Even after fighting each other on the sidelines they for it together in the end.Even with middle of the road matchups ill watch the Bowls.Im a hardcore college football fan.

The games have been better than I expected starting New Year's eve. However I don't like the scheduling this week. Sugar and Fiesta were two games I really wanted to watch but couldn't stay up for because I get up early for work. Tomorrow when I can stay up late, I get to watch Pitt vs. Ole Miss... boring. At least tonight's Cotton Bowl has been pretty entertaining thus far.
    Discipline.
    Commitment.
    Effort.
    Toughness.
    Pride.
    (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100201/news/100209986)

The Chick-Fila-a bowl and Outback have been the best games. The Capital One bowl was pretty good as well. The others have been terrible. Tonights has been entertaining.
    Order Of Operations: Run the football, score TD's, humiliate opposing offenses, win games, embarrass Auburn.

BamaNation Second Team grlindsey08's Avatar

Most of the pre-Jan 1 games were very entertaining and came down to the last minute.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.” - Coach Paul "Bear Bryant"

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar
    My Mood
    Innocent on TideFans.com

i really havent watched them. i caught about 3/4 of the LSU game. Just watched the TAMU game. Other than that I really didnt have much interest in the matchups.

I watch in large part to see how teams performed which have played our opponent. That would be, unless I've forgotten one, Stanford, USC and OK. Only Stanford acquitted itself well. The only common opponent was Mich., and we know how that turned out. There's only so much to be drawn from comparative scores, but, so far, I like what I've seen...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus