Alabama "cardinal"

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Alright.

I'm sticking with Alabama Crimson Tide. 'Alabama Cardinal Tide' and 'Alabama Pantone (PMS) 201 Tide' don't roll off the tongue very well.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
All the braggarts running rampant around here...

I might have to dust off some of my old stories, ahem...
Sorry...just trying to give some insider info on the Crimson color we had from Nike when I was there. The main point was that Nike did not have a Crimson color before becoming our official uniform provider for athletics...and that they created that specific color just for us. It was only a little later that they started using it for the officially licensed stuff sold in stores.

As for the helmets...they are Riddell...I think...so it could very well be a different shade of red or Crimson than the jerseys.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Sorry...just trying to give some insider info on the Crimson color we had from Nike when I was there. The main point was that Nike did not have a Crimson color before becoming our official uniform provider for athletics...and that they created that specific color just for us. It was only a little later that they started using it for the officially licensed stuff sold in stores.

As for the helmets...they are Riddell...I think...so it could very well be a different shade of red or Crimson than the jerseys.
From my limited and obscured vantage point the jerseys and helmets haven't matched for years.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IIRC, the old UT orange was more of a creamsicle, pale orange. It seems starting in the fulmer years the orange became more of a bright, Halloween orange.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
There's too much yellow in UT orange. It's almost yellow with a tint of orange.

Texas has by far the best orange color.

I haven't noticed a change in Bama's crimson, but the first time I saw them play in home jerseys was in '72.

4BamanMex

Jan 23, 2007
I worked at Russell in screen printing department in the 70's. All I know was when we printed on white, we used Cardinal. I remember the tear away jerseys because of how many times you would print the running back's numbers.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I worked at Russell in screen printing department in the 70's. All I know was when we printed on white, we used Cardinal. I remember the tear away jerseys because of how many times you would print the running back's numbers.
I kinda liked the idea behind the tearaways. I think a case can be made that you shouldn't be able to tackle a guy by grabbing cloth...

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
There's too much yellow in UT orange. It's almost yellow with a tint of orange.

Texas has by far the best orange color.

I haven't noticed a change in Bama's crimson, but the first time I saw them play in home jerseys was in '72.
I dislike any orange but at least Texas had the decency to burn it.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

Reggie White from the 1980s.

Some Clausen from a decade ago.

Definitely looks different. They must have added urine into the dye.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I kinda liked the idea behind the tearaways. I think a case can be made that you shouldn't be able to tackle a guy by grabbing cloth...
Makes me think of Johnny Musso crossing the goal line with a shredded jersey barely still covering his shoulder pads.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.