Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question How would Bama do vs Oregon

After watching Oregon State dismantle KS last night, I'm not sure we could beat them. That's the fastest team I've ever seen!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Re: How would Bama do vs Oregon State?

You must have been watching a game no one else did because Oregon State wasn't playing last night.

Oregon, on the other hand, would present a challenge much like Texas A&M did.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Ummm...First; I think you mean Oregon. We'd probably beat Oregon State 9 or 10 times out of 10. Oregon is a good team, no doubt (they were already ranked #4 and will likely be #2 at the end of the season). It would be a good game between us and them; KSU found some success running on them. If they didn't fall 2 TDs behind so early, I think the game would've been a lot better. KSU is built to control clock, not really air it out and score quick, so credit Oregon for taking KSU out of its normal rhythm. To say we couldn't beat them is reaching though...

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

title fixed

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    You must have been watching a game no one else did because Oregon State wasn't playing last night.

Oregon, on the other hand, would present a challenge much like Texas A&M did.
    I agree that they would present similar match up issues as A&M did, but we have played A&M, and adjusted to the match up once. And we only had one week to prepare for A&M. Give coach Saban enough time to plan the game plan, and we beat them like we did Michigan with Denard Robinson. Just my Opinion.

ksu could not complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield all night. that allowed oregon, especially with a lead, just to sit back and wait. i also think oregon would have a hard time sustaining anything on o against us, but their quick strike capability would allow them to score some. \

i think we would win mid-high 30's to high teens-low 20s
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have always been on the side that said Oregon would give Alabama problems, and they would. After last night, my feelings became stronger. Oregon would break some runs and have some drives. However, Bama would pull away. K-State missed a FG and settled for another. If those are TDs, the game looks completely different. I think Bama's offense is better than K-State's because they didn't like to throw the ball last night. Bama would do it and open up the run.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team Bama_Fan72's Avatar

Alabama may have a slight problem with Oregon, but I believe Alabama would win. Bama's DB's are more physical and would jam the Oregon WR's off the line more than other teams have been doing. Auburn was able to beat Oregon in their Championship game after everyone declared Oregon to fast for them to stop.

BamaNation First Team

If we played disciplined defense like Stanford we could beat them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

How would Bama do vs Oregon

Bama probably let their offense on the field. We have the speed and size on defense. They can't score if they are sitting on the sideline, though.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Based on Alabama's previous defensive performances, Oregon would score 24 points. Could they keep Alabama under that number? I doubt it.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Oregon would mostl likely have a big play here and there like they do against everyone, but they typically struggle to score touchdowns inside the 10 yard line when they play against bigger, more physical defenses. See their recent BCS bowls against Ohio State and Auburn, the game against Stanford, and the game last year against LSU. It's hard to beat Alabama by kicking field goals in the red zone.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Much is made over Oregon's speed, and with good reason, they've got a lot of it. But it's not like they've got eleven Usain Bolts and all our guys are wearing concrete blocks. Is Barner faster than anyone on Bama's D? Maybe, but if you know where to be, maintain your position, can fight off blocks, and tackle well, IOW, play fundamental football...it doesn't matter how fast the other guys are. Football is not a foot race, it's about knowing where to be and what to do when you get there. No one coaches fundamentals better than CNS.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant