Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How would Bama do vs Oregon State?

Both EL and TJ would have 200 yards rushing behind our line against that under-sized defense. Bama would win by 10+.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Blah on TideFans.com

Baylor whacked KSU. KSU didn't have the athletes to stay with the Ducks.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

How would Bama do vs Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Baylor whacked KSU. KSU didn't have the athletes to stay with the Ducks.
    I disagree. After that missed field goal, their body language was messed up. They had them on the ropes but just stopped punching.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: How would Bama do vs Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I disagree. After that missed field goal, their body language was messed up. They had them on the ropes but just stopped punching.
    Why didn't they make that FG, though? Because they settled for a TD because they didn't have the athletes on offense to go against Oregon's defense. They settled for 2 FGs when they needed TDs.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Why didn't they make that FG, though? Because they settled for a TD because they didn't have the athletes on offense to go against Oregon's defense. They settled for 2 FGs when they needed TDs.
    Drives stall, it just happens. They hit that field goal, they go in down 15-13. Totally different ball game. They missed it and just gave up. They never recovered.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Oregon presents two main problems for any and all defenses:

1)They can score on any given play no matter who has the ball. Team speed combined how they spread you out creates open field situations which is where they excel.
    2)Tempo. The pace at which they call plays and the number of plays they get in will wear a defense down while making it difficult for the defense to effectively sub.

Because of it's scheme and players Oregon is going to create X amount of open field situations and they will score every X amount of plays. We would fare better than most vs them but if we played 10 times they might win 3 and they might win 7. A missed tackle, a blown assignment, a poor angle....all can lead to easy TDs.

Our best weapon vs them would be our physical offensive line, IMO. Keep their offense on the bench and slow down their small, quick defense. Ideally their offense would struggle to get in sync and we would be gashing their defense most of the 2nd half.

Anyone who thinks we would easily beat them or that we would not be susceptible to the occasional whipping vs them is not being very objective.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

BamaNation All-SEC

I cringe to think about how many of our defensive players would get hurt against Oregon's fast paced offense.

My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Van Nostran View Post
    I cringe to think about how many of our defensive players would get hurt against Oregon's fast paced offense.
    How many did Stanford?!
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Drives stall, it just happens. They hit that field goal, they go in down 15-13. Totally different ball game. They missed it and just gave up. They never recovered.
    Why did those two drives stall? They weren't athletic enough against Oregon's defense. They make that FG and they are down 15-13 and give Oregon about the same amount of time to score that TD as they did. All momentum would be gone.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Bama probably let their offense on the field. We have the speed and size on defense. They can't score if they are sitting on the sideline, though.
    Tell that to Louisville's DB...

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Why so I keep hearing this. Oregon scored in under a minute. How much time would a kickoff take away? If they had of hit the field goal, they go in down 22-13.
    RIP Hub

My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Why did those two drives stall? They weren't athletic enough against Oregon's defense. They make that FG and they are down 15-13 and give Oregon about the same amount of time to score that TD as they did. All momentum would be gone.
    Even the Ducks, with all their speed stalled out drives during the game. Not necessarily. They kicked away from the top guy after the first kick off. They would have had longer to go probably. All of it is hind sight now, but to say K State didn't have the athletes is wrong.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Why so I keep hearing this. Oregon scored in under a minute. How much time would a kickoff take away? If they had of hit the field goal, they go in down 22-13.
    Well with DAT returning a kickoff 94 yards, 12 seconds went off the clock. Looking at less than 10 then. Oregon scored the TD with about 11 seconds left on the clock.
    Coach Bryant