Question: How would Bama do vs Oregon

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Re: How would Bama do vs Oregon State?

Much is made over Oregon's speed, and with good reason, they've got a lot of it. But it's not like they've got eleven Usain Bolts and all our guys are wearing concrete blocks. Is Barner faster than anyone on Bama's D? Maybe, but if you know where to be, maintain your position, can fight off blocks, and tackle well, IOW, play fundamental football...it doesn't matter how fast the other guys are. Football is not a foot race, it's about knowing where to be and what to do when you get there. No one coaches fundamentals better than CNS.

This play exemplifies the problem. A pass caught at the LOS and the trailing defenders are too slow and the deeper defenders don't get into exact "squared up" position and the result is a TD. They are just so quick in space.

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012

:BigA:I've given this some thought all year...you need a strong pass rush from your 3 down lineman to disrupt the timing. If not they will have your secondary in space and in trouble. I do believe Bama has a physical offense that could just line up and pound away on a small defense but Oregon would score points. A&M exposed our corners for not having true ball skills and they don't have anywhere near the team speed Oregon has on offense. My heart tells me we could overcome any lead but if you look at history we have yet to come back from a team that dominates us in the first quarter...but I'd bet money Bama wins 7 out of 10 but those seven would be close.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

I'd bet money Bama wins 7 out of 10 .
I'll take that bet! I bet you 1,000,000 dollars that Bama wins 0-6 or 8-10 of the games! Now we just got to convince Oregon and Alabama to play 10 times....hmmm:conf2:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I thought KSU controlled the first half last night except for the opening kickoff and the last minute. Oregon didn't impress me. In the second half KSU just didn't play as well. I don't think Oregon wore the Wildcats down but KSU did not play at the same level.

I think Alabama or Notre Dame would beat Oregon. Surely Bama has a better offense than Stanford. Oregon struggles at times against a good defense. Most of their high scoring games are against poor teams. I watched the Stanford/Oregon game and Stanford did and should have won IMO. I also watched Oregon/USC and USC dogged it.

The Ducks are very good, but I think Vegas would favor Alabama by maybe 5???

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles

I think our OL would destroy the Ducks. The problem would be not to score to quickly and give the Ducks the ball. However by the late 3rd quarter the Duck defense would be out of gas and we would walk all over them on offense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.