Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

ND practicing uptempo in Miami

I won't link it but AL.com has a video of, I believe, ND's Thursday practice where they're practicing uptempo. Maybe they intend using it more than just occasionally. They looked good doing it, running to the new line of scrimmage and getting a play off.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ND practicing uptempo in Miami

I expected this...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That's Brian Kelly. He wants to go fast. He just hasn't quite gotten the personnel to do it yet. It can back fire on you though. It makes a really quick three and out and that talented but not very deep defense could tire out. If they are smart they will play us the way they played Stanford and slow the game down, not speed it up.

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sometimes uptempo can work against the team who uses it too
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusTide View Post
    That's Brian Kelly. He wants to go fast. He just hasn't quite gotten the personnel to do it yet. It can back fire on you though. It makes a really quick three and out and that talented but not very deep defense could tire out. If they are smart they will play us the way they played Stanford and slow the game down, not speed it up.
    My thought in watching the video was making uptempo work is more than running to the line of scrimmage and having a play ready when you don't have a defense in front of you.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think Bama's offense will also try some uptempo during the game?

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

don't understand why poor offensive teams go up-tempo. i know from reading another site that ND thinks going up-tempo with 2 tight ends will give them some match-up advantages like A&M had vs us but if your offense is a weak link why make it run more plays, faster? seems strange

eifert will get his catches (9 or 10x caught 4+ this year) but there's not a LB crew on their schedule like the Tide have

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tide&True View Post
    Sometimes uptempo can work against the team who uses it too

i like when people try to change approaches as they prepare for us.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westide View Post
    We've done it a little, but I don't think we'll really do it unless they present us with a personnel grouping we want to exploit just so they can't sub guys in.

I think that is the reason they'll try uptempo. They want to create a mismatch and since they have a RB and TE that can also flex out, they'll look to spread us out after they show a more base offense.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i like when people try to change approaches as they prepare for us.
    This would be my concern if I was a ND fan. Kelly might be trying to install too much for this game and change their approach too drastically. If their offense sputters with an uptempo, they really don't have depth at all on defense; I'd expect to see their D mirror the LSU defense if their offense stalls.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe they should try the (triple) option. goergia southern showed that we were vulnerable last year. maybe they could get a street magician to play qb for them since johnny futbol was so successful against us.

it sort of reminds me of this scene from OBWAT

"hey diddy, we got to get us some of that up-tempo offense"

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

The LSU complex. "Go uptempo that'll beat 'em."

Look Coach knows this, we know how to adjust. We have had in game practice on this throughout the season.
    ROLL TIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westide View Post
    Yes, if AJ sees something he thinks we can exploit...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus