Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Re: ND practicing uptempo in Miami

Let them get away from what got them to this point, sheer genius.
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Oh goody. More gimmicks.
    I love it!

BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i like when people try to change approaches as they prepare for us.
    Bingo!

They aren't an uptempo team. I sure hope they try doing something other than what got them to the BCSNCG undefeated. If they do this, it would signal desperation imo.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Makes sense - gives Alabama something else to prepare for - but I seriously doubt that they will alter their game plan substantially. Kelly is not an idiot. He will do what his team does best, just as Alabama will.

BamaNation First Team MS TN NC Tidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I would love to see us pick up the pace some. I don't think they have the depth on their DL to sub like we do. We would do it to physically wear them out. I think they would be doing it to create possible mismatches in coverages.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Makes sense - gives Alabama something else to prepare for - but I seriously doubt that they will alter their game plan substantially. Kelly is not an idiot. He will do what his team does best, just as Alabama will.
    bama has been dealing with up tempo offenses all season. preparation shouldn't be a big issue for us.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    don't understand why poor offensive teams go up-tempo.
    So they'll go 3 and out that much faster?

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

I could see some turnovers if they go this route which is fine by me. Hope they are practicing for our hurry up run attack.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by westide View Post
    Does anyone think Bama's offense will also try some uptempo during the game?
    We should expect it. Bama does it, just not as much as other teams. If the defense is on its heals, AJ will look to take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    don't understand why poor offensive teams go up-tempo. i know from reading another site that ND thinks going up-tempo with 2 tight ends will give them some match-up advantages like A&M had vs us but if your offense is a weak link why make it run more plays, faster? seems strange

eifert will get his catches (9 or 10x caught 4+ this year) but there's not a LB crew on their schedule like the Tide have
    The uptempo usually provides to some mismatch in the offense's favor. Whether that be a confused defense or a defender out of place or a winded defense. The weaker offense will do this to equalize Bama's strength to ND's weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Reb View Post
    Oh goody. More gimmicks.
    I love it!
    An uptempo offense isn't gimmicky. If it is, Alabama runs gimmick plays.

I haven't seen the video. Was ND running no-huddle or hurry-up-no-huddle? Two different things...
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Suspended

Non uptempo team with a month off now trying to go uptempo in the miami humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpit View Post
    Non uptempo team with a month off now trying to go uptempo in the miami humidity.
    You got it. According to a friend of mine who lives down there, it's already pushing 90, with high humidity, and the Domers are used to the Midwest...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    You got it. According to a friend of mine who lives down there, it's already pushing 90, with high humidity, and the Domers are used to the Midwest...
    Yep; the nights aren't supposed to get below 60 either.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Kelly said that their use of up-tempo will be situational. They have done it some throughout the year but it has not been a big part of their offense much like how we have used uptempo throughout the year. I would not expect to see much of it during the game. They are probably just showing a look of it during the media viewing session trying to make us think it will be a big part of their offense.

Also, I think the game temp is supposed to be around 65-70 degrees with a 20% chance of rain (which means humidity but not too hot). I would be surprised if cramping / fatigue is much of an issue with weather and all the time-outs for TV.
    I think that a lot in life comes down to expectations sometimes, and we didnt come here looking for a moral victory. Nick Saban