ND practicing uptempo in Miami

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
sounds like the ND lineman are pretty excited about this....NOT!
http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2013-01-01/sports/36099136_1_irish-offense-everett-golson-tempo

"It's tough, conditioning-wise," Irish right tackle Christian Lombard said of the hurry-up attack. "If that's what it's going to take to win, then we're all for it. Whatever it takes, run game, passing game.

"Seeing the defense is the big thing that we're always talking about. There's going to be enough time pre-snap to do all that stuff. Then we go play from there."

"It's definitely hard when you're over 300 pounds, running around," said left guard Chris Watt, 6-3, 310. "We have certain calls that we have when we're on the go; do them quickly. Or, we have to react to what's going on in front of us.
Good article. I like the message being sent to their players... :D

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I doubt this was anything more than a standard segment of their practice routine. They run some hurry up anyways, every team practices 2 minute drill offense, and I'm sure it served to help acclimate the players to the warmer weather a bit. I see no real gnews here.

ND will have a few offensive wrinkles but they won't be philosophical they'll be about formations and creating mismatches for their TE in the passing game.

NDGiantsKings

Suspended
Dec 2, 2012
That's Brian Kelly. He wants to go fast. He just hasn't quite gotten the personnel to do it yet. It can back fire on you though. It makes a really quick three and out and that talented but not very deep defense could tire out. If they are smart they will play us the way they played Stanford and slow the game down, not speed it up.
The defense is very deep

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Weather ain't gonna be a factor. At least not a game changing one, IMO.
I agree. I am going to be looking at about 68 with a slight breeze coming from my ventilation system and a slight tropical (anti)-depression coming from my cup...

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I don't, and I'm not making comments suggesting it will or will not because I have no knowledge of how the weather 3 days away will affect 200 college boys that I've never met.
I thought you went to school with Nick Perry...liar! :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.