Blog: Latest Bama News 1/4/ Thru 1/6/13 Pre BCSG Edition

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Thanks to RTR91!!:
The pressers are coming to an end for the most part, but I'm going to try and get as many of the tweets from the reporters as I can...

Scarbinsky (al.com writer) tweets:

• Notre Dame OC Chuck Martin and QB Everett Golson with a definite underdog chip on their shoulders.
  • Notre Dame OC Chuck Martin: They've been told 12 straight weeks they weren't good enough to get this far. We're sitting in front of you guys
  • ND QB Everett Golson: We as a team want to make a statement being that we were counted out from the beginning of the year.
  • ND confidence: OC Chuck Martin notes that Brian Kelly won DII NC at Grand Valley with a frosh QB. That QB won 3 national titles in 4 years.
  • Everett Golson of course is a redshirt freshman. Chuck Martin: We're hoping history repeats itself.
  • Kirby Smart: Respect University of Auburn and opportunity they gave me to interview. Found out things I needed to know. So did they.

John Zenor (AP writer) tweets:

• Notre Dame WR T.J Jones on Bama: "They're without doubt the best defense we'll see this season" says front 7 one of nation's best.
  • Alabama DC Kirby Smart: "I have become who I have become as a coach from working with coach Saban."
  • Smart says Alabama hasn't faced a tight end as talented as talented as ND's Tyler Eifert.
  • Kirby Smart says this is one of his favorite defenses because of low expectations from, he says, the media. Played with chip on shoulders.
  • Kirby Smart; "I have the best non head coaching job in the country."
  • RB Theo Riddick likes ND matchup w/ Bama DBs. Dee Milliner counters: "They think we're the weak link. Hopefully they'll try to exploit us."
  • Kirby Smart on Nick Saban: "There is no question he is driven to be the greatest coach in the game."

Travis Reier (BOL writer) tweets:

• Smart on recruiting to UA schemes and standards: "There are exceptions but we don't want a team full of exceptions."
  • Smart's been great in this PC. Great insight.
  • Said Geno Smith was supposed to blitz with Mosley on UGA's last play. Wonders if ball would have been batted to the ground had Smith blitzed
  • Smart's son Weston was named after town Smart and his wife lived in while he worked with the Dolphins.
  • Said UA "screwed up" by not calling timeout late in first half of UGA game. Saban admitted it and used it as learning experience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.