Blog: Latest Bama News 1/4/ Thru 1/6/13 Pre BCSG Edition

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Sometimes Alabama's D.J. Fluker and Damion Square don't talk for days at a time. They share a locker room, coaches, a common goal and the same personal space. Actually, that's where the problem begins. When Alabama's first team units go against each other in practice, it can be one of the epic sights in college sports. That is, if any outsiders were allowed to watch the drills of the defending national champs. We'll just have to take the word of the participants who line up inches from each other, pounding away daily. "They have," defensive coordinator Kirby Smart said, "good wars." "We get to the point where we just don't like each other after practice, or the whole week," said Fluker, Bama's massive 335-pound junior offensive right tackle. "We don't talk to each other -- or we talk noise again."

Think Tide practices are vicious? Just wait for 'war' of BCS title game (with videos) CBSSports

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
"I think they're coming after Golson, if I'm Alabama," Kirk Herbstreit, who will call the game alongside Brent Musberger for ESPN. "I think one thing they probably learned from playing against Johnny Manziel is that you have to come after an athletic quarterback. A lot of times that brought three or four and had players stay back. I would guess they're going to be pretty aggressive."

ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit talks Alabama-Notre Dame (video-Daily Bama Blog

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.