The pressers are coming to an end for the most part, but I'm going to try and get as many of the tweets from the reporters as I can...
Scarbinsky (al.com writer) tweets:
John Zenor (AP writer) tweets:
- Notre Dame OC Chuck Martin and QB Everett Golson with a definite underdog chip on their shoulders.
- Notre Dame OC Chuck Martin: They've been told 12 straight weeks they weren't good enough to get this far. We're sitting in front of you guys
- ND QB Everett Golson: We as a team want to make a statement being that we were counted out from the beginning of the year.
- ND confidence: OC Chuck Martin notes that Brian Kelly won DII NC at Grand Valley with a frosh QB. That QB won 3 national titles in 4 years.
- Everett Golson of course is a redshirt freshman. Chuck Martin: We're hoping history repeats itself.
- Kirby Smart: Respect University of Auburn and opportunity they gave me to interview. Found out things I needed to know. So did they.Travis Reier (BOL writer) tweets:
- Notre Dame WR T.J Jones on Bama: "They're without doubt the best defense we'll see this season" says front 7 one of nation's best.
- Alabama DC Kirby Smart: "I have become who I have become as a coach from working with coach Saban."
- Smart says Alabama hasn't faced a tight end as talented as talented as ND's Tyler Eifert.
- Kirby Smart says this is one of his favorite defenses because of low expectations from, he says, the media. Played with chip on shoulders.
- Kirby Smart; "I have the best non head coaching job in the country."
- RB Theo Riddick likes ND matchup w/ Bama DBs. Dee Milliner counters: "They think we're the weak link. Hopefully they'll try to exploit us."
- Kirby Smart on Nick Saban: "There is no question he is driven to be the greatest coach in the game."
- Smart on recruiting to UA schemes and standards: "There are exceptions but we don't want a team full of exceptions."
- Smart's been great in this PC. Great insight.
- Said Geno Smith was supposed to blitz with Mosley on UGA's last play. Wonders if ball would have been batted to the ground had Smith blitzed
- Smart's son Weston was named after town Smart and his wife lived in while he worked with the Dolphins.
- Said UA "screwed up" by not calling timeout late in first half of UGA game. Saban admitted it and used it as learning experience.