Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I saw it too and it was yesterday per the report. I also saw an interview with Nico today and he said they needed to get more focused and then said they had a real good practice. I have a feeling Coach got on them bad about not being focused after a bad practice and then they had the players only meeting and then the better practice after the meeting. It sounds like a young team not being focused at a very important time and Coach and the seniors let them know to change their mindset. I believe all is good now.
    Hope you're right.
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    It baffles me how their could be a lack of focus before a national championship game. After all the work they have done it would seem easy to keep them focused for a few days with a chance to do something incredible.

I really don't even understand it for the "lesser" bcs bowl games. Why blow am opportunity to play on national tv and finish your season off on a high note.
    They could have gotten distracted by the Big and Bright lights in the Big city and some broads on the beach.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I saw it too and it was yesterday per the report. I also saw an interview with Nico today and he said they needed to get more focused and then said they had a real good practice. I have a feeling Coach got on them bad about not being focused after a bad practice and then they had the players only meeting and then the better practice after the meeting. It sounds like a young team not being focused at a very important time and Coach and the seniors let them know to change their mindset. I believe all is good now.
    Thanks - I was listening while on a call. Got to love Jones - LEADER.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Not to be a nervous Nellie but we heard rumors just like this leading up to the Utah game. Ultimately I think we passed the blame of the eventual outcome to the Andre Smith debacle and the disappointment of not being in the BCSCG and losing to UF.

So we'll see if we have another "Utah" Monday night or not. I certainly hope not. But how the "flow" of this bowl season is going for the SEC we're on schedule for a letdown. Thank goodness the outcome ultimately is in the players' and coaches' hands.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Post Thanks / Like

Good call. Exactly what's going on...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

18-22 year old kids can make dumb mistakes at times.

I hope Jones let every one know his foot would be lodged somewhere else if players do not get refocused. Hopefully, Williams, Nico, AJ, Warmack, Lacy, Lester, and others volunteered to help.

The team was focused in the Big Easy, Miami should be no problem.

It baffles me how their could be a lack of focus before a national championship game. After all the work they have done it would seem easy to keep them focused for a few days with a chance to do something incredible.

I really don't even understand it for the "lesser" bcs bowl games. Why blow am opportunity to play on national tv and finish your season off on a high note.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Not to be a nervous Nellie but we heard rumors just like this leading up to the Utah game. Ultimately I think we passed the blame of the eventual outcome to the Andre Smith debacle and the disappointment of not being in the BCSCG and losing to UF.

So we'll see if we have another "Utah" Monday night or not. I certainly hope not. But how the "flow" of this bowl season is going for the SEC we're on schedule for a letdown. Thank goodness the outcome ultimately is in the players' and coaches' hands.
    except for the Utah game due to all the issues you stated, Bama has done a great job under Saban for all other post season games. I am not worry.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotwillz33 View Post
    We gotta remember this team has young players who contribute......the Miami scene can be too much for 18-20 yr olds.
    And 45 year olds too.

Post Thanks / Like

i would imagine what they think is a lack of focus is probably a lot different than what we think is a lack of focus. luckily for us, we have team leaders like jones that know what it takes to win it all
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post

my thought is the only reason we are hearing this now is because worrying fans consume more pre game analysis and with the weak bowl schedule there is nothing else to talk about
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wearing my 'not worried' look.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

This coverage on ESPNU is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com