Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE24 View Post
    I have know doubt we have the better team and we should win. But make no mistake ND is prepared and ready. They may not be better than TX or LSU were, but I believe they are better coached and more focused than either of those two teams were. We must come with our A game. As I have heard Lou Holtz say " you don't have to be the best team in the country, just the best team in the stadium that night"
    I seldom agree with 'Granny Holtz', but he's absolutely right.
    The best team don't always win, but the one who want's it the most just might win.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    The best team don't always win, but the one who want's it the most just might win.
    You don't always get what you want, but most of the time you get what you deserve.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    my thought is the only reason we are hearing this now is because worrying fans consume more pre game analysis and with the weak bowl schedule there is nothing else to talk about
    I wish I had the time to do that but unfortunately I've watched almost ZERO coverage of the game. Bits and pieces as I walk by the tv maybe but other than that nothing like I did in 2009 and last year. Maybe complacency is creeping in on me and I'm not as focused as an obsessed fan should be. LOL!
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

This has been my biggest concern. ND can't help but me more hungry than Bama.

This is not to say we won't be focused (I think we will), but the "desire" element is a concern for me.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Jimmy Johnson (Cowboy's former coach) has a saying he uses quite often, "The best doesn't always win. The best team THAT DAY does."
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

This is not to say we won't be focused (I think we will), but the "desire" element is a concern for me.
    I have two theories for this game.

1. this will end up like the 2008 SEC championship, where ND is a very good team, just not quite ready for the big stage, and the champion prevails or

2. this will end up like the 2009 SEC championship game, where the champion is very good, just the challenger, by nature, is more hungry, and prevails.

I am taking option 1, but am preparing myself for 2.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Jimmy Johnson (Cowboy's former coach) has a saying he uses quite often, "The best doesn't always win. The best team THAT DAY does."
    A prime example of that was the TAMU game.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE24[QUOTE
    But make no mistake ND is prepared and ready. They may not be better than TX or LSU were, but I believe they are better coached and more focused than either of those two teams were. We must come with our A game.
    ND has almost the same amount of time to prepared for Bama as LSU and Texas did. in fact, LSU had already played us prior to meeting Bama in the NC. I would say that LSU has more of an advantage than either Texas or ND with better athletes on both sides of the ball. your opinion that ND is better coached and more focused than LSU/Texas is subjective. as far as Bama focusing on this game, we have the best in the business.

it goes without saying, Bama will have to be at our best to win this match.

BamaNation First Team fralo4tide's Avatar

Hope the distraction isn't the city of Miami. Maybe they should play in Auburn instead, unless they're easily distracted by gazing at cattle.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I wish I had the time to do that but unfortunately I've watched almost ZERO coverage of the game. Bits and pieces as I walk by the tv maybe but other than that nothing like I did in 2009 and last year. Maybe complacency is creeping in on me and I'm not as focused as an obsessed fan should be. LOL!
    I don't have the stomach for it anymore. The coverage has become 24/7, and there is just not that much to talk about so they begin to obsess over what ifs, and well, I tire of that quickly. I find it better for my blood pressure to just check in on Tidefans and leave ESPN alone until gameday. Heck, speaking of gameday... I don't even watch that show much anymore.

[QUOTE=sanjosecrimson;2080888]
    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE24

ND has almost the same amount of time to prepared for Bama as LSU and Texas did. in fact, LSU had already played us prior to meeting Bama in the NC. I would say that LSU has more of an advantage than either Texas or ND with better athletes on both sides of the ball. [B
    your opinion that ND is better coached and more focused than LSU/Texas is subjective. as far as Bama focusing on this game, we have the best in the business[/B].

it goes without saying, Bama will have to be at our best to win this match.
    Agreed. The reason I say this, is the things I hear coming from their caoches and players (not just this week but all season) is very similar to what I have been hearing in Tuscaloosa since CNS arrived. I believe they have a very similar mindset as our program as a whole.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

desire??? the Crimson Tide have a rare opportunity to make CFB history with this game on JAN. 7TH.

If they win, they become the 1st team to win the BCSNCG back to back.

if they win, they become the 1st team to win 3 out 4 NCs unanimously. even Nebraska had to shared the title in 97' with Michigan.

if they win, they become the 1st team in Bama's rich history to have won 3 NCs in 4 years. Coach Bryant's 1966 team had the ring taken away from them by the media bias.

if they win, they become the most decorated Crimson Tide team ever and considering how parity is closing in CFB , it makes the win that much more impressive!!
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; January 4th, 2013 at 03:04 PM.

BamaNation All-American

Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

How About the desire just to not get beaten?