Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today (Jones says never happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

I don't have the stomach for it anymore. The coverage has become 24/7, and there is just not that much to talk about so they begin to obsess over what ifs, and well, I tire of that quickly. I find it better for my blood pressure to just check in on Tidefans and leave ESPN alone until gameday. Heck, speaking of gameday... I don't even watch that show much anymore.
yeah, other than the little bit i hear in the last few minutes of pre-game and the half time reports on the few bowl games i've watched, i pretty much only get my info on the big game through tf.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

desire??? the Crimson Tide have a rare opportunity to make CFB history with this game on JAN. 7TH.

If they win, they become the 1st team to win the BCSNCG back to back.

if they win, they become the 1st team to win 3 out 4 NCs unanimously. even Nebraska had to shared the title in 97' with Michigan.

if they win, they become the 1st team in Bama's rich history to have won 3 NCs in 4 years. Coach Bryant's 1966 team had the ring taken away from them by the media bias.

if they win, they become the most decorated Crimson Tide team ever and considering how parity is closing in CFB , it makes the win that much more impressive!!
Good post SanJose. I will add the best team usually wins these type of games and we also have the best players. If we play a good to great game we no doubt win the game IMO.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus

ND's role as underdog has been repeatedly stated by the nat'l media since the final seconds of the SECCG, but the closer we get to kickoff in the BCSNCG, the overall feeling I'm taking away from all the Domer love and blather is that we are the underdogs by destiny. Hope our team is feeling that way.

The thing that really concerns me though, is that Anthony Bourdain's new series, "The Layover," premiers his Dublin episode on Monday night. Could it be that Destiny is more than a stripper (It's Rollin baby!)? :wink:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

And this is he exact reason, I haven't turned on espn or listened to the radio. It is just too much speculation over little things. I will enjoy watching the game and fully expect our players to be ready.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

What's funny is that ND has been somewhat " cocky" in their interviews when they talks about the Crimson Team and it seems to me that they are losing focus on the game little by little, so I would expect Alabama to come ready and be prepared...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

It is very easy to think that you are concentrating and focusing when you have had a lot of success -- when in reality you are not. The SEC is not as strong this year -- we have seen that. Our "D" is not as strong as last year -- whose is? IMHO BJones knows what it takes and he decided to ramp it up a notch. Especially after watching UF get their doors blown off...I am glad to see it happened.

Mudbone

Suspended
Oct 30, 2012

According to Barrett Jones in his media interview, the captains hold a players meeting every Thursday before games. This seems like the media blowing something up that isn't really a story. Shocking I know!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

According to Barrett Jones in his media interview, the captains hold a players meeting every Thursday before games. This seems like the media blowing something up that isn't really a story. Shocking I know!
i'm sure another reason for worry and angst will be provided shortly. ;)

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Calling attention to "focus" on Thursday doesn't worry me a bit. These are mostly kids. Expecting them to get off the plane in Miami like a bunch of robots and do nothing but bear down till Monday night is not realistic. Notre Dame seems to be riding high. Good. I like it that way. They think beating Stanford (ok, maybe they did) and USC with a backup quarterback has shown them everything Alabama can do. That's good, too. I worry about a lot of things, but Alabama coming out unprepared like Florida did in a bowl the Gators didn't want to attend against a team they didn't respect isn't one of them.

Oh, and I agree. There is just way too much time to listen to a lot of blather between the first of December and the second week of January.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I've said all year long that Bama would be the team that beat Bama. The TAMU game to me proved that. Even listening to Barrett and others speak they have the confidence that if they play to their potential they will be the opponent they are facing regardless. Sounds like some weren't doing all the necessary things they should have been doing to maintain the focus and intensity needed as a unit. Saban isn't the only one that is going to notice it or get peeved about it. CNS always wants leaders among the players to direct the group as a whole and this team certainly has those. The 2010 squad is an example of a group that didn't and we saw probably the most talent on the field drift from time to time and lose 3 games.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

I see this as nothing more than Senior leadership. For all we know, this could be an internal decision to show the young players how to handle and prepare themselves appropriately now and in the future.

If preparation is the issue then we are already in trouble from the month long layoff. We will see. I think we'll be ready.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

I'll put this here:

Are they on a practice schedule now similar to the season "pretending" that Monday is Saturday?

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC

I've been following some of the players on Twitter and it's interesting. Some of the younger players are tweeting about the atmosphere-type things while the olders ones are talking about practices. Then there will be a smattering from some groupie girls and right after that a "Remember why we're here, let's stay focused" tweet from a leader. This particular one was 22hours ago from Fluker. Gotta love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

About the player's only meeting:

Us fans are result driven, if we win...he was the spark...if we lose, they weren't quick enough to the issue or the team didn't listen. It was the right thing to do either way to me...

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world

man, relax gents. the boys have not played football in 5 weeks. they are also enjoying themselves in Miami. they are young men, just having fun and soaking all the excitement in. come gameday, I bet my Crimson butt, the Tide will be ready to roll.

Saban will see to that!!
Play the game now,enjoy later.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL

I agree plus every time I seem to be watching it's ALL Notre Dame. I felt ok about the game until Todd Mcshay totally trashed our secondary. Now it's back to stressing.
personally, i hope every commentator out there trashes them. point out every fault (real or conceived) and how ND will prevail. no way to stop their TE. Te'o is the second coming of LT. show all the weaknesses in the D and how to move the ball on it. everything. i hope the players see it and that it gets under their skin. we have all seen what this team can do when properly motivated and i think the media's love of bama would provide that. one word comes to mind: buzzsaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.